What's new

Question Compatibility pack 3 Bane buffs

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
wow pretty harsh on this dude,

I've heard he did get Ninja buffed, I'm at work right now and can't 100% confirm because I'm not a Bane main.

But the Bane main in my city who has played him since Day one said he did get ninja buffed.

He takes less damage during his Venom DeBuff period.

Bane only takes 20% extra damage during level 3 debuff, 10% during level 2, and 5% during level 1

He told me Bane used to take 50% damage during the level 3 debuff.(again not a Bane main so not sure)

But I trust him, he knows his shit pretty good.

If this is so, this is a pretty big ass fuckin Buff for Bane, and I'm surprised you Bane mains haven't blown this up.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Nothing changed. Don't expect changes every single patch, that's all.

The biggest buff Bane can get right now and I believe he ultimately deserves it, is having the stupid stat reductions cut off from his cooldowns.

It makes absolutely no sense having it while everybody else has no stat tax on cool down timers and more so since Bane's wake up games are decent at best.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Nothing changed. Don't expect changes every single patch, that's all.

The biggest buff Bane can get right now and I believe he ultimately deserves it, is having the stupid stat reductions cut off from his cooldowns.

It makes absolutely no sense having it while everybody else has no stat tax on cool down timers and more so since Bane's wake up games are decent at best.
Like I said, not a Bane main,

He just told me he was fighting a super man, and was in level 3 debuff, got hit by a combo and new he should die cause it's happened 6000 times before, but he didn't, so he labbed it and figures the damage taken in the debuf period was much lower.

I looked to see if anyone had posted what the damage taken was before, but the one thread has about 900 equations and no line just saying

Bane take __% more damage in Level 3 debuf

lol so it's hard for me to know.

Error

DF2+R2

He just told me he was fighting a super man, and was in level 3 debuff, got hit by a combo and new he should die cause it's happened 6000 times before, but he didn't, so he labbed it and figures the damage taken in the debuf period was much lower.

I looked to see if anyone had posted what the damage taken was before, but the one thread has about 900 equations and no line just saying

His venom debuff was nerfed/buffed? last patch with Batgirl, I'm not sure if they changed it again.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine

It's possible it is a bug and that he takes less damage under certain circumstances related to that bug (so nobody but your friend noticed).

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
It's possible it is a bug and that he takes less damage under certain circumstances related to that bug (so nobody but your friend noticed).
Is there a place that actually has the info on the debuf damage? these boards are a mess.

His venom debuff was nerfed/buffed? last patch with Batgirl, I'm not sure if they changed it again.
I thought that the duration was the shortened and that was it?

cpmd4

I found it after digging through some replies in the trait thread.

Before patch 1.03:
Level 1 Venom: 103% damage taken
Level 1 Venom: 111%
Level 3 Venom: 135%

After:
Level 1: 103%
Level 2: 110%
Level 3: 127%

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I found it after digging through some replies in the trait thread.

Before patch 1.03:
Level 1 Venom: 103% damage taken
Level 1 Venom: 111%
Level 3 Venom: 135%

After:
Level 1: 103%
Level 2: 110%
Level 3: 127%
Is this based off all of the formulas that they argued about?

cpmd4

Is this based off all of the formulas that they argued about?
Nah, the formulas were supposed to indicate the effectiveness of each level of venom. Each one has different damage boost values during trait and different damage taken values after it, for different periods of time. So they made a formula to plug in these numbers to get an effectiveness value.

The numbers I posted above are tested by how much damage Bane takes without the debuff, and how much he takes when its on cooldown for each level (the guy who posted the patched numbers said he tested using several characters' super damage on Bane). They're not 100% accurate but they are close.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
The venom debuff damage taken/damage reduction is stupid to begin with. Why have it there at all? It's stupid as fuck. NRS needs to remove it. It doesn't add any depth to the character. It's a total nuisance to deal with.