What's new

Community Sponsoring and Opportunities

Our Scene has been growing over the past few years and with MK11 and it's pro tour been announced I feel like it's a great time for us to consider more community sponsoring. I've always liked seeing the hype brought by r/Kappa teespring and other community sponsorship like that which is why I plan on setting up a Teespring to sponsor players. The focus will be placed on sponsoring players to international events (events not in their zone). It would give rise to more opportunities to see great players bring the hype like we have seen in the past with all the EU and Middle East players coming to the US to play in tournaments.
Following the international players rules an NA player for example would potentially being sent to an EU or Brazilian or Australian event , an EU player to a NA, Australian or Brazilian event and ME player to pretty much any event same for the African and CIS players
The events I had in mind for this year are the LCQ, Viennality and the Brazilian event. The players will be nominated using comments and the top ones will be polled. We can use SherryJenix website to deal with the visas. The designs that will be sold on the teeshirts will be provided by the community too. If the goal isn't met a poll will be rolled to decide whether the money should be donated, rolled over for another event or used to sponsor a player.
If you guys think it would be a great idea you can comment here and suggest a name for the store or design you would love to see on a tshirt.