What's new

Match Footage - Commando Commando Sparring

pretty good use of what commando does. your spacing and tempo switches are good. you should use 32 as wakeup pressure because it catches low profile wakeups, does more damage and has more hitstun than b13. i also like j2 for crossup jumps more because it reaches down deeper. your preemptive njs to punish projectiles are cool but your use of air ball is a bit reckless overall. you go for ball knockdowns as combo ender, which is still good, but doesnt give you the b1/cmd throw 50/50 like the knife reset. i like that you used d1 for tick throws, because it catches them jumping and the throw wont whiff on high block, thats what i do too. you might wanna check out my video in the commando thread too.

btw people who dont play commando need to realize that 23 does not knock down onj hit in this variation and leaves you at plus a billion for a b1/throw 50/50

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Your Commando needs a looot of work. Not enough throw setups. B13 and 32 on hit are easy free throws. B13 into Ex knife also leaves you plus enough for a free throw. Not enough parties too, you could've caught Kung Cancer a lot on wake up.
Also don't forget S2 is +2 so it can sort of lead into tricky setups as well, don't forget choke pressure too.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Your Commando needs a looot of work. Not enough throw setups. B13 and 32 on hit are easy free throws. B13 into Ex knife also leaves you plus enough for a free throw. Not enough parties too, you could've caught Kung Cancer a lot on wake up.
Also don't forget S2 is +2 so it can sort of lead into tricky setups as well, don't forget choke pressure too.
Thanks for the feedback. My Commando has improved a ton since these matches, uploading some more recent ones. Realized how important it is to utilize the commands in every situation up close. I actually don't even try to maximize combos unless I'm in the corner now, during offline matches in tournament play I'm usually just checking my opponents through the match with choke, d3, d4 and meaty 32 pressure. Parries are super risky, but I've definitely caught on and I use them now on certain characters (Raiden, Takeda, Kung lao, Jax, Goro etc.)

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Thanks for the feedback. My Commando has improved a ton since these matches, uploading some more recent ones. Realized how important it is to utilize the commands in every situation up close. I actually don't even try to maximize combos unless I'm in the corner now, during offline matches in tournament play I'm usually just checking my opponents through the match with choke, d3, d4 and meaty 32 pressure. Parries are super risky, but I've definitely caught on and I use them now on certain characters (Raiden, Takeda, Kung lao, Jax, Goro etc.)
The parties are really good for conditioning your opponent to not press buttons after choke. If they poke you can parry. In which case you can go for a raw grab or even a tick if you want to play it safe.