What's new

COMICPALOOZA 5/27-5/29

$2K for MVC, $1K for MK9...

Monsters Arcade and GMMA present the Southwest's biggest Marvel vs Capcom 3 and MK9 tournament at this years Comicpalooza!

Being held in the George R. Brown Convention Center Memorial Day weekend, we are giving out $2000 guaranteed for MVC3 and $1000 for MK9!

XBOX360

Schedule:

Friday - Game room will be open for casuals all day.
Saturday - Pool play and registration
Sunday - Top 16

Pricing:

Comicpalooza - 3 Day Admission
May 27-29,2011; Ticket Good All 3 Days
Adult 3 Day $35.00 - Child (12 & under) 3 Day $12.00 - VIP 3 Day $125.00

Comicpalooza - Friday Admission
Friday, May 27, 2011
Adult $20.00 - Child (12 & under) $10.00

Comicpalooza - Saturday Admission
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Adult $25.00 - Child (12 & under) $10.00

Comicpalooza - Sunday Admission
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Adult $20.00 - Child (12 & under) $10.00

Tournament price - $15

Purchase tickets to the event here.-
https://t3.clicknprint.com/tix/SilverStream/Pages/pgIndex.html?siteID=2447

Register for the tournament here -
ComicPalooza - GMMA & Monsters Arcade Team up ! - BLOG - GMMA

Registration will be handled by GMMA - GMMA Gaming League through paypal. Participants will be cutoff at 256 so preregistration is encouraged to secure your spot. Remember to put the name you want entered in the bracket in the message section of the paypal payment. This way we can have the pools premade so everyone can view them before the event starts.

[email protected]

Everyone who enters the tournament MUST purchase a comicpalooza badge.

Brackets will be updated and ran through challonge as people register.

Any questions please dont hesitate to contact us at:

[email protected]
[email protected]

i'm going to be at this event this weekend, PL is going to UFGT and MLG. i hope to see some of you guys there!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Results from Tom Brady for ComicPalooza for MK9

Tied for 1st:
Tom Brady/JOP - They didn't play it out, they play each other all the time.

3rd: Kensou (sp?)
4th: Devil Jim
5th: Fubarduck
5th: ??

Full results will be posted on Monday by Tom Brady when he gets back.

EDIT: The tournament was ran by DMMA with a $1,000 pot. No stream afaik

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I don't think fubar was 5th I think i was 5th or 6th idk I left quickly to work didn't even really get to focus on my last match since I was late for work. I put fubar in losers and Jim took him out I believe before I was out. 5th was isidro as well.
I have video of me playing Tom Brady he used Kano :(

Cat

I'm at work now. But I will later. The match between me and and fubar was intense I lost the 1st match came back and won the next 2 very close matches. Didn't record those though. And me and toms match was not that good I prett much got bodied by his Kano. I won 1 round and almost took the match but he took it. Good shit though. Toms a cool guy in person. Wish he would of played jop instead of them not playing it out. Would of been nice to seen.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yeah, Tom said that fubar was tied for 5th with someone, that's probably you then. When he gets back on Monday, he will post full details. Would love to see any vids you recorded though.

Cat

Doubt it. Cus the guy who eliminated fubar then played isidro. So I think it's me and him idk. Lol anyways. I just remembered I recorded some nice matches between Tom Brady and ice cold age. Who uses a mean reptile. I'll try to upload them after I get off work this morning.

prospic

Noob
it was nice meeting Tom Brady at the tournament.....MUCH RESPECT! anyways i beat FUBARDUCK the first match with jax and then he switch to kung lao to beat me.Sadly , this guy with cyrax killed me with bomb traps from losers bracket .....i wanted to throw the controller since i was getting bomb traps. I dont know who is this dude, but he was basically a chump since was using cyrax bomb traps and kabal block infinites.

I think the best match was cat (my bro) vs fubarduck ( top 8 pdp player ) when it was 0-1 at first and then CAT switch to sub-zero and then came up to 2-1 with intense close matches , i wish i could of recorded those matches. Then I recorded the match CAT vs TOM BRADY with cat's iphone....tom killed him with kano the first match and then cat switch to sub-zero which it was a close match.

congratulations to Tom N JOP for taking first place and thanks for giving out good tips and strategy .

Kensou

Noob
Good turn out with decent comp to boot. Got to play against Brady in loser finals which was fun so I'm happy with, including my performance overall (eff Kano *cough cough*).

Good times meeting new cats so most definitely good games for those that were there. Big ups to Jop and Brady for making it out! Hopefully more people will pick this one up!

Cat

Lol. Dont worry kensou in a few days upball will be punishable and we can stand a fight. Eff those knifes!!!

-YMK-

Noob
The other guy that got 5th was Me, the Kano player, I registered online, and thought you had to put the cardholders name there, so I put Isidro. I told them to change it to YMK, but they left it how it was, bastards.

good stuff to everyone there, Im sure I could of gotten 3rd if I would of stayed focused. It was fierce though.

Cat

Yeah I knew it was isidro not fubar I think he was like 7th or 8th. I remember playing you in casuals but didn't play you on the tourney. U got lucky. Lol Jk good shit.