What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Combo resets after freeze?

I haven't seen any mention of this, although I'm sure it has been brought up. I don't do a lot of combo-freezing in my fighting style which I'm trying to incorporate in, so I just noticed this. When you combo into freeze, say JIP 1 2 freeze, you'll get a 3 hit combo for 9%, and then your Volvo starts fresh once you hit him while he's frozen. Does this negate the effect of damage scraling less while using freeze or have any benefit over how it was in MK9, just one big combo?

And the reason I don't JIP much is because I'm not used to the timer difference, in MK9 I could jump and then mash 1121 or whatever it was, now you need to enter the buttons slowly or it won't register.

Ok I'm being a complete noob here. . I figured out what's happening lol. 12 freeze does not combo. So there is no mixup into freeze combo, side from b33 freeze on female characters? That's a bit sad, I thought I was onto something with 12 freeze. I'll just have to work on landing the JIP for combo freezing, or just give up on it and focus the corner trap. I just get a bit of a tough time against teleporters, scorp/Takeda/ermac that you can't trap in the corner reliably.

And some people like to cry that I'm hiding behind an ice clone when midscreen even though they have all sorts of semi safe overhead/low mixup combos if I get within 5 feet and all I can do is low poke/armor smash to get away.

Thanks for any input I hope something comes out of this thread. Those 3 teleporters are the characters who give me the most trouble, followed by rushers like Dvorak/Liu/Johhny/ and Cassie smashing my ding dong

Last edited: