What's new

Strategy Combining strings with pushback and lunging normals to bait pokes for wiff punishes

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
It does limit what you can do. We are agreeing with that but we made you use meter. Now if we get a read u usually wont have meter to break, or we can get out of pressure and back off to mid range again. In mus like kabal and skarlet and kenshi, your goal is to rid them of meter

push is a great zoning tool. It makes people block and opens up ermacs ground game. Kenshi can abusse shoulder by doing it a lot in mid range with ex. But ermac abuses tkp by abusing your blocking.
i feel really dumb for not realizing this but you can do a meaty FB after ex push for a frame trap with push and it has decent mixup potential. also ermac's corner zoning is tits.

Illmatix

B3 airblast is the new swag.
so back 3 instant blast? never tried it how would you incorporate it? sounds interesting....
also i found out you can get 3 teleports off of back34 and end in push shit is difficult but im willing to put time into it for the swag points...

Error

DF2+R2
so back 3 instant blast? never tried it how would you incorporate it? sounds interesting....
I just throw it out at random during pressure, I actually just starting playing again after a month long break, so I've been doing a lot of random things. I've also been using U4 more now since finding out it was a low crush.

Illmatix

if only ermac had better zoning tools i may have actually considered playing him x-x. Oh well o3o *picks kenshi an Bf2's like a bawz*
yea ermac's zoning can feel pretty generic at times...... but i luvs him stillz....

Illmatix

I just throw it out at random during pressure, I actually just starting playing again after a month long break, so I've been doing a lot of random things. I've also been using U4 more now since finding out it was a low crush.
i like to throw out u4 after a jip for shitz and giggles, makes me laugh hard as a mofo when it lands
does it beat d1's? or just low lows lol? Error

Illmatix

??? whered u get that idea o-0, he said lows as in low pokes
idk i just thought it would look cool to hop low hat/saw blades at full screen to get them to run into lift sorta the way i just throw out sweep to get them to move lulz

zaf

professor
B3 airblast is the new swag.

I can't believe how many people try to jump after taking a FB and end up getting forve-pushed lol
wtf is B3 airblast?
if you dp b3, fireball comes out....

do you mean b3 on hit, pause iafb?

Error

DF2+R2
wtf is B3 airblast?
if you dp b3, fireball comes out....

do you mean b3 on hit, pause iafb?
I do it on block, usually in the corner after knock downs, I use u4 a lot so people start stand blocking against me more

zaf

professor
I do it on block, usually in the corner after knock downs, I use u4 a lot so people start stand blocking against me more
I still do not see what you mean. say you have them in the corner on the ground, you do a b34 to pick them up and if they block it you go into airblast from that?

zaf

professor
Cuz when u say b3 airblast it reminds me of how skarlet or sindel can do aerial projectiles after a string that puts them in the air

Error

DF2+R2
I still do not see what you mean. say you have them in the corner on the ground, you do a b34 to pick them up and if they block it you go into airblast from that?
I do b3 to pick them up blocking and then I jump into an iab, sometimes I'll do b3,4 since not everyone is always ready to poke that string.

Cuz when u say b3 airblast it reminds me of how skarlet or sindel can do aerial projectiles after a string that puts them in the air
I wish he could do that