What's new

Classic Characters vs. 3D Era Characters

Hello Guys and Gals,

Another thread, where i would like to hear your opinion about the characters of Mortal Kombat. Do you prefer MK1-MK3T Characters or 3D Era Characters and why? Also, name at least 2-3 characters that you would like to return to the new Mortal Kombat game. (characters from 3D Era, Kenshi, Tanya, etc doesnt count)

Personally as a huge fan of the series my first Mortal Kombat character that i fell in love with was Sindel back in 1999, and then Tanya, followed by Nitara, Sareena and Frost. So i do love 3D Era characters a lot ;)

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Hello Guys and Gals,

Another thread, where i would like to hear your opinion about the characters of Mortal Kombat. Do you prefer MK1-MK3T Characters or 3D Era Characters and why? Also, name at least 2-3 characters that you would like to return to the new Mortal Kombat game. (characters from 3D Era, Kenshi, Tanya, etc doesnt count)

Personally as a huge fan of the series my first Mortal Kombat character that i fell in love with was Sindel back in 1999, and then Tanya, followed by Nitara, Sareena and Frost. So i do love 3D Era characters a lot ;)
I've been around for both era, and I really didn't enjoy the 3d characters at all. I still own all the games to this day, guess I'm just a hardcore fan boy even when I hated the mechanics and characters. So maybe it was the impact mk2 had on me as a kid. I kept coming back for more haha, I main'ed havoc so him I guess xD!!

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I've been since MK2, so I've around in both eras. There are some 3D characters I like, like Nitara, Hotaru, Darriou (for the Tombstone Drop Special) and Shujinko. I also like some chars from the current day era, like Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, Takeda and Ferra/Torr, but all of my truly favorite chars are from the classic era. But all eras were awesome at the end of the day :)

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
TBH I believe most people would prefer the klassic MK1-3 characters over the rest, I just think some people are a bit tired of them being in every single MK game while some of the 3D cast barely even had 2 appearances. This is even more true for characters like Fujin and Sareena who have appeared in the latest MK games but only as cameos. It's like stop teasing and put them in damn it.

For MK11 there's only 3 characters I really want above anyone else: Shang Tsung, Tremor, and Noob Saibot.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
There's some cool character concepts for the 3D era characters.

I'd like to See Li-mei, Sareena, Nitara, Ashrah, Hotaru, Havik and Daegon. Return in some type of way, with Havik, Ashrah and Daegon as playable. They seem to have finally figured out a way to make these characters cool.

I don't think any of the 3D characters compare to the classics tho.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Costume-wise I prefer the smarter, newer designs personally.

As for 3 characters that should return for mk11:
Jade
Jade
Jade

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Nitara, Quan Chi, Kenshi, Skarlet, Havik, Kotal Kahn....all successful and favourite 3D era characters of mine.

Can't go past the classic original Noob throwing clones of himself, Raiden supermanning across the screen while yelling, and Kabal running through his opponents and turning them into a tornado.

Bring back the classic MK feel for MK11, the music, comedic sound effects, "TOASTY", classic stage settings

mattteo

Noob
I prefer 3D era characters. Most of them are awesome and the MK mythology really became profound during that era, with DA, Deception and Armageddon showing us the dawn of times, the cryomancer civilization, the ancient beings that ruled the Universe, the Edenian struggle against Shao Kahn with the Protector God Argus and his sons, more realms, revolutions, game of thrones with people posing as princesses, godlike sorcery and more.
With the exception of a few human characters who weren't interesting (Kobra, Hsu Hao, Mokap), the other characters invented in this era were awesome: Fujin, Havik, Reiko, Kenshi, Quan Chi, Shinnok, Ashrah, Sareena, Daegon, Taven, Hotaru, Tanya, Drahmin, Onaga, Nitara