What's new

clans

Even in arcade mode an 8 man tournament isn't 4vs4, it's each player playing 1 round, with 8 total players in the pool.

I agree that a doubles gametype would be very sweet. That would involve some teamplay rather than going solo the whole time.

dreemernj

Ambassador
4 player UMK3 is really fun. We set that up on emu at Shock's house a few times. 4 controllers on one computer. Joy.

I really think they should make 2v2 an option before you play. I'd like to play Reptile/Ermac Vs. Reptile/Ermac with abc :twisted:

Actually no! You'd win since you can actually play Reptile good, which would make mine pointless since I always end up messing up his juggles on your connection anyways. Aww hell with it. I'd win :lol:

yea man wish they would, but then they would not ever go back to the lobby room. The reason we go to the lobby is the whole reason the game doesnt switch levels either. It resets the map loop each time. Whenever I turn on my arcade cabinet, first fight is always in scorpions lair, just like on XBL :) .

They would be able to do it, it's just that they see no point as the player count for UMK3 on 360 has been either in the high 200s/low 300s to low 200s/high 100s in the past month. Kind of depressing that it's not getting alot of attention. And to think on the first day we had upwards 8000 people play. We could've molded them into Mortal Kombat fighting machines. :cry:

Meh, there's still tons of scrubs on Ranked. I usually go into a ranked match expecting to win.. unless I see one of the guys on this site or MalditoDuende >.>

dreemernj said:
4 player UMK3 is really fun. We set that up on emu at Shock's house a few times. 4 controllers on one computer. Joy.
It can be? 4 controllers? with no problems? 4 usb ports or what?

dreemernj

Ambassador
rzp said:
dreemernj said:
It can be? 4 controllers? with no problems? 4 usb ports or what?
I believe we had 1 keyboard, 2 arcade sticks hooked up with PSX->USB adapters, and a USB gamepad. It was that or something similar to that. Maybe a PSX pad instead of one of the arcade sticks. Whatever it was, it worked and it was fun as hell.

However we have tried to set up multiple controllers at once at tournaments and have it cause big problems.

So it's a matter of luck to an extent.

And when we played 4 player 2v2, both players on Team 1 had control at all times, so if your teammate wants to screw you up they can. But as long as you don't have any dicks playing with you, it'll work great.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
For the 4 player 2 on 2 set up we had KB, stick, and two gamepads, and it was a lot of fun. There's no reason for it to ever not work so it's a matter of just getting things plugged in the right USB ports with the proper converters at the right times. Some of the problems we ran into at tournaments were because I discovered the actually controllers being used were broken, and just errors on our part, but there were times when it should have worked and didn't. At NEC6 we had 2 PSX pads, 2 ASCII pads, 2 sticks, and the keyboard all hooked up at once on the second day, so it was pick up and play so long as you had the right Player Side in your hand.