What's new

Question - Commando Choke bug ?

Hello everyone, with the last patch i was so happy with choke not being punisable. I told myself that Kano Kommando could be top tier now:D... But in fact, i don't know why, sometime choke whiff on opponent blocking low.

Generally i go for F4-> choke, but sometime for unknow reason if the opponent block the f4 in low position ( and stay in crouch blocking position after), the choke whiff.

You cannot test that in training mode because, the IA go to stand position ( block hight) after the F4 evenif you put it in crouch guard position.
Who have the same problem?
Thanks for your help, your answer will determine if i stay with KANO or not...

P.S: i saw that "bug" when playing again a friend's Cassie Cage, didn't test it again someone else.

Sorry for my bad english...

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Yeah, I see it. I know the scorpion special is low profiling, but I don't really know bout the rest of the cast. To be technical, it should probably low profile. Also, seems like if you corner someone, EX knives can be low profiled better. Here is basically what Pharras is basically talking about.

I need to look at the commando reference again, but @LOCO (I think he made it) should put in a guide to what strings jail EX knives

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I think it's just a general problem with F4, in Cybernetic sometimes F4~DB1 whiffs on crouch blocking opponents too and I have no idea why. They should really fix that because F4 is an opponent normal and that kind of thing leads to some horrific unintentional whiffs in all variations.

And to those saying choke/laser/whatever hits high, it doesn't matter because they should still hit a crouch blocking opponent. It's only neutral ducking that's supposed to make highs whiff.

I think it's just a general problem with F4, in Cybernetic sometimes F4~DB1 whiffs on crouch blocking opponents too and I have no idea why. They should really fix that because F4 is an opponent normal and that kind of thing leads to some horrific unintentional whiffs in all variations.

And to those saying choke/laser/whatever hits high, it doesn't matter because they should still hit a crouch blocking opponent. It's only neutral ducking that's supposed to make highs whiff.

true

Yeah, I see it. I know the scorpion special is low profiling, but I don't really know bout the rest of the cast. To be technical, it should probably low profile. Also, seems like if you corner someone, EX knives can be low profiled better. Here is basically what Pharras is basically talking about.

I need to look at the commando reference again, but @LOCO (I think he made it) should put in a guide to what strings jail EX knives

exactly my problem !!!!

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
The pressure with blocked Choke isn't even THAT game changing. If you didn't like commando before you prolly wont now. It's a tool but not an insane one by any means at -4 still I believe on block.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
I was about to say "just block only noobs wake-up xray" but Sonic Fox just won 60 grand with a wakeup xray so do what you do LOL.