What's new

Characters that punish kung lao well

I see the Kung Lao thread is in a serious need of a thread like this, seeing Cd Jr teleport like that against Cat seemed like it was the first time he saw a teleport punish like that. What moves are easily punishable by which characters? I know almost the whole cast can punish the unsafe move but it takes risks or it is extremely hard to do, for example a good instant tele3 against Kenshi.

Also note that I dont include d1 or uppercut punishes because everyone knows that is possible and d1 has its problems against teleport delay 3. I will list the characters with a fast uppercut though.

Ofcourse this list may not be accurate, some things might even be false and it is surely not complete as I don't know play the whole cast. It is up to the community to complete this list and I would like to ask you all to help me with this. This list right now is just a start and I will try to update it iff everyone is willing to post their tech and knowledge.

Teleport 3:

Johnny cage:
- dash away b3
- duck and then standing 1/ standing 1 on read

Kabal
- dash away standing 4
- Ex dash
- nomad dash away and then nomad dash kung lao

Ermac

- Uppercut into lift

Kitana

- Dash away standing 2 into fan? Dont quite remember anymore

- Characters with fast uppercut( below 10 frames, most are 7 frames):

Sonya, Sektor, Kung Lao, Quan chi, Jax, Stryker, Johnny Cage, Liu kang, Nightwolf

- Low hitboxes:
Mileena, Sektor, Johnny cage, Jax, Kitana

This is based on the strings 1121 and 21. the first hit of these strings will whiff on mileena and sektor consistently. JC, Jax, Kitana will connect on 21 if you space it correct. The rest of the cast like sonya and cyrax are not that small as people think, 21 will always connect on these characters.

24 overhead:

- Johnny Cage gets a shadow kick

- It seem 24(here )overhead can be armored out of but havent seen anybody do it

24 low hat/ f3 low hat(low hat point blank):

I think almost everyone can punish this but I listed this because this is a crucial tool in the mileena matchup because you get a true overhead low mixup against her because she cant punish the low hat.

21212:

Johnny cage: f33 nutpunch
Kabal: f4 dash
Raiden: superman
Reptile: dash
Kenshi: push
jax: f4?
Kung lao: standing 2 spin

mid range low hat on knock down:

Raiden: wakeup superman on reaction
Kabal: Ex dash on reaction

TargetAudience

Burn_the_ city
Anyone spin is -300 on block now and like 100frames of recovery animation.

Do one for how to punish sonnya, kitana and jc well....

Adding one to the "Teleport 3" section:

Kratos
Dash away, standing 1xxHead of Helios~JIP,F+2xxHDC~F+4,2(hold),4.

40% damage inflicted.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I can confirm 2,4 overhead is interruptable. Although anyone who hasn't fallen for this " 2,4 low hat doesn't work anymore" crap will know better than to chance it.

Also, shoutouts to T-rextor not being a recommended punisher. :16Bit

I can confirm 2,4 overhead is interruptable. Although anyone who hasn't fallen for this " 2,4 low hat doesn't work anymore" crap will know better than to chance it.

Also, shoutouts to T-rextor not being a recommended punisher. :16Bit
the list is not complete at all, the purpose of this thread is to have the community contribute knowledge. I see someone list smoke as a good punisher, yes he punishes hard but he doesnt punish it well, smoke has trouble punishing it consistently.