What's new

Characters surprise you when you lose to them....

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, well was wondering the other day since everyone here and in general is different and has their own unique style with characters, but what about when you're playing and you lose to a character that just surprises you?

I don't mean "characters you hate" or have trouble with...but rather just shocks you or took you by surprise when you lose...

For me it's the following characters that shock me/catch me off guard when I lose to them are(in order):

Mileena-Nobody uses her, except konqrr that I can think of really well...otherwise very shocking
Shang Tsung-Same as Mileena, nobody really uses him but played guy named GTO recently used him well
Cyrax-Same, next to nobody uses him so definitely shocking
C.Sub-Zero-I don't know many who use him that well, rarely I've lost to him but he's not nearly used as USub.
Jade-She always takes me off guard, has nice tactics when used well
Sindel-Can be hell and catch me off guard at times, shocking when consistently good
Scorpion-I just hardly see him played in UMK3...so definitely catches me off guard
Sektor-Definitely shocking since he's hardly used in general lol

So post your

MKF30

Oh yeah Sonya, her freaking bicycle kick....I've played a few people who I swear time it perfectly the second you charge her...argghhh

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Sonya kicks ass. Period.

Mileena is a great character, I love using her. Dreamcatcher and I were talking about Mileena the other night. I'd much rather have my random cursor land on Mileena than her counterparts. Kitana's good, fuck Jade. Throw Jade on that list.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
GoldenOreos said:
i will have to say motaro

I will say play me. It's not like I'm going to win. This playing once every two weeks for five minutes thing isn't helping me get any better. Need opponents...and you can't still be stewing...

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
psycho4rent said:
I think, every character may surprise you in very bad way...
I was taking a shower in County and I dropped my soap. I bent down to pick it up and Jax surprised me in a very bad way. 18 stitches later...

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
If a character surprises you, it only means that you expected to win too much. Weird thread IMO. :)

Remz said:
If a character surprises you, it only means that you expected to win too much. Weird thread IMO. :)
Agreed, hence why I said Kabal, hehe. Though, I think there are players that surprise me, not characters

MKF30

Remz said:
lol ^A bit random perhaps, not so sure about weird though but to each his own ;)

S

SuGaR

DarkSide said:
I can beat certain people's Human Smoke, then the next game lose to their Sheeva.

makes me LOL
HIS NAME IS SCHEISSE!

I don't get how you can have a good H. Smoke like him and then have a Sheeva that's a fucking monster, it's just fucking wrong. Dyslexic tier list player, imo.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
SuGaR said:
HIS NAME IS SCHEISSE!

I don't get how you can have a good H. Smoke like him and then have a Sheeva that's a fucking monster, it's just fucking wrong. Dyslexic tier list player, imo.
I remember mistaKM being like WTF when he would cycle through the roster against my Mileena. Lol good times. I'm better with her than Kit and Jade, strange as it is.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
ScheissNussen said:
I went on a really long Mileena streak for a while there. She is such a fun character, it's too bad all of her specials are so punishable/shitty.

I was just thinking the other day, what if they allowed you to start a combo off of her drop kick like kung lao's teleport, or gave the character punishable pushback like liu's bike kick in MK3? That could make her a serious pain in the ass, and even more fun to use. They would have to fix the moves hitbox first of course lol.
Yeah she is easily punished but her damage is noticeably better than the other two, with the exception of Kit's punisher. She's fun, just has her reasons for sucking on paper I guess.

I suck with Mileena, she's my worst character. I just never put in the effort to learn her, mainly because she's gutter trash. Though, when I play good Mileena's like Konqrr's, she does surprisingly well against certain things.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
SuGaR said:
Or you can be lazy and just say fuck it and pick Kitana.
I actually think it's the other way around. You have to work for your wins with Kitana...whenever I say this, some smartass brings up Crazy Dominican and Marvirrasta's Kitana and how easy it is for them to win. When I say she's a workhorse I mean it as a character, not as the player.

Mileena's damage is far better (punishers vary) and there is basically no reset timer on the sai. Whoever said Kitana is really good because her fan can momentarily stun/juggle you was a dumbass. There are so many better moves and I don't see why Kitana is often as overrated as she is.

I don't think enough high level players have showcased Mileena or Jade enough for them to be considered on the radar competitively. Most people that discuss these topics will agree with me that DC Hustle and PajaroMejer have monster Jade's, you don't see that with Mileena.

I'm in full agreement, I think Mileena and Jade are very underrated. But I still think Kitana is the Queen of the female ninjas.

I can play some games in a Jade Vs Kitana match (as Jade) and win some, but I know that Kitana would win most of the time. Kitana's rush + mixup is hard to deal with, female ninja runjabs are the best in the game IMO. They have range and they're so fast. When you play someone who can rush you down, cross you up, AND play defensively with Kitana - it's a very tough match no matter who you use.

Kitana is top 10 IMO.