What's new

Characters: One Style And No Presets or Kustoms?

Would You Rather Have Characters With One Focused Style Instead Of Presets or Kustoms?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. The two presets we have are enough

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I want more presets per character

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I want a kustom variation option

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • I want something else entirely (elaborate on this in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grandabx

The Flameater
What if characters were given a strength-path (focus point) by applying more moves that they currently can't use in tournament play (or together). With a strength-path, they would obviously need a definite weakness-path as well.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I don't understand what a strength path is.

I'd rather see custom variations. Barring that, I'd like to see more variations per character. Ideally enough variations so that every move is included in at least one variation.

grandabx

The Flameater
I don't understand what a strength path is.

I'd rather see custom variations. Barring that, I'd like to see more variations per character. Ideally enough variations so that every move is included in at least one variation.
A strength-path is their ideal plan (focus point). Like a rushdown character's SP would be to pressure with mix-up options. Their weakness-path would be getting in effectively, not allowing themselves to be hit (lose more health than average) and having less effective personal defensive options (relies more on system mechanics).

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'm a fan of customisation, and I like how they did it in MK11. I'd love if more fighting games did something alike. However, I was not a fan of the preset variations in MKX, because that meant the moves were locked into that one variation instead of giving you the option to pick and choose the moves you like.

Sure, it takes a lot more work to make it balanced and make each move/ability viable enough for people to use it should they like it, but I really love the freedom it gives us as players. For example, if Jade only had her two tournament variations available, I'm not sure I would be enjoying her as much as I am with the custom variation I put together myself.

Hopefully NRS will soon make custom variations available in competitive play. If not, I'll just not touch it and stay in casual.

They designed the custom abilities exceptionally well and they built it with a method to avoid OP things being together already, so just use that. The presets were a bad idea and doubling down on them will not make things better.