What's new

Character weaknesses

Flagg

Warrior
Somewhat inspired by this thread:
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/the-genuinely-unwinnable-matchups.16625/#post-357929

I thought it might be an idea to list characters and their weaknesses, so people know what to exploit, even in hard match ups.

For instance, I think Cyber Sub Zero's biggest weakness is poor mobility and no armour. I'm no Kitana mainer, but I would say her biggest weakness was poor wake up and no armour. Kano's is probably normals with negative block and poor damage. And so on..

CSZ: Poor mobility, no armour
SZ: Low damage, punishable specials
Quan Chi: Meter dependent, unsafe blocked specials
Kano: Low damage, most normals are negative on block
Jade: Poor meter building
Lui Kang: problems with being pressured, big crouching hitbox
Cage: Poor projectile, struggles against good zoners
Kitana: Poor wake up, no armour
Freddy: Struggles with up close pressure
Smoke: Only one string is neutral on block, no chip from bomb, poor comeback factor?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
As far as my 4 go...

Sub-Zero: Low damage output, not-that-great zoning/trading, punishable specials, shitty EX Freeze.
Cyrax: Everyone and their mother knows how to fight him. Punishable Teleport. Gets outclassed up-close and from a distance by certain zoners.
Quan Chi: Unsafe Trance/Woolay Stomp, highly punishable on block/fuzzy guard, very meter dependant.
Ermac: Slow normals, highly punishable specials, shitty EX Telepunch.

That's all I got at the moment.

greeneless

Mortal
Liu kang has problems waking up in pressure. His tall crouching hit box doesn't help.
Cage has the worst projectile in the game.
Scorpion's pokes and poor footsies hold him back from being great. I think the existance of his vortex hurts him more than it helps. Smart players can fuzzy guard to every available mixup he has.
Smoke only has one string which is neutral on block and hits mid. While he can run away, he has the only projectile in the game that doesn't deal chip damage. If he is behind in health, he will have trouble making a come back.

McNasty

Moist.
Kitana, shang, and sektor have trouble waking up.

nightwolf is meter dependent has a big hit box and gets owned by low pokes/strings.

reptile has his dead zone where dash and forceball get you blown up. Also slow normals.

Smoke does have comeback factor he lacks armor to make rushdown characters respect him up close. Big hitbox and can be lamed out without the lifelead.