What's new

Guide Character Loyalty and The Grind: A Brief Thought

BolverkGTM

Dad Beard Connoisseur
Mortal Kombat 11 is out and I've been playing it almost every night for at least an hour. I've been having a blast with it, but others do not seem to be sharing in that feeling. I've noticed some of my fellow Sub-Zero mains have grievances over some shortcomings he has. Some other character mains feel the same way. I think Sub-Zero's D1 being low profiled absolutely sucks and I hate it, BUT I can't let it stop me from playing. I can't waste time downplaying, I have to keep playing the game. Balance patches are in our future and inevitable, but I have to keep playing the game. Why? Because I really like Sub-Zero and I want to know him.

Yes, rather than sit and be angry about D1 getting low profiled or not having a good mid or this or that, I have decided to just hold my chin up and keep playing the game and I think that's an example worth following. Your character may not be great right now, they may even be horrible, but don't grieve over it. If you truly like the character, you should stick with them and play them a lot right now, even if they're at their worst. Because imagine this...if you can handle your main at their worst, you will be more than ready for them at their best. Your time to rise will come and if you've been playing your crappy main for months, when they get buffed up to a higher tier, you're gonna wreak havoc. Start getting prepared for it now.

gitblame

Noob
I don't know from which year you write, buddy, but in May 2019 Sub Zero is one of the strongest MK11 characters.

BolverkGTM

Dad Beard Connoisseur
I don't know from which year you write, buddy, but in May 2019 Sub Zero is one of the strongest MK11 characters.
I agree! I think he's one of the best characters in the game, despite his lacking mids or his weird D1. But I felt like writing up something to address everyone, no matter who they main.