What's new

Question Changing from stick to hitbox

Momentum

Proud owner of the briefcase hitbox
Has any Kabal player transitioned from stick to hitbox?
If so how was the transition?
Is it easy to translate the ndc pressure inputs or is it like learning it all again?

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Goldi

Noob
I'm not a Kabal player. But when I end up with him for whatever reason (random select casuals online) that's all I do is ia projectiles and dash canceling. Why? Just because I've seen it done a lot and try to mimic it I think. Same as when I get Kitty I njp off of "upraise". I don't know how to follow up, just imitating what I've seen other players do, but without any strategy behind it lol.

Anyway, I'd say hitbox makes everyone easier on your fingers. So if my stupid fingers can pull off some of his signature moves, you'll have it down in no time :)

Just by the way, you're probably going to hate the hitbox for a week or two until your muscle memory adjusts. But then you'll wonder how you ever played without out it <3

Lulzlou

Noob
I've only played stick two times in my life so I can't really help there.

I notice no difference from playing both on Pad and Hitbox. I don't practice pad at all and I can do everything perfectly. Flash Parries on pad can give me a bit of trouble. The reason for that is because I simply don't put time into pad.

I love the company and how the hitbox feels so I wont discourage you to buy one. It gives you more precision with your execution but there is no real advantage imo. Hitbox for MK doesn't have extreme advantages in comparison to other games. I'd say if you are looking for something new to try then the hitbox is the way to go. I'm sure you wont have a problem with it.

I laugh when people think my execution is good only on hitbox. Very few people seen me play on pad. It did take me awhile to get used to but if you are an experienced fighting game player then you wont have a problem. MK was my very first fighter.

Momentum

My execution isn't too bad though, i can do his 2ndc about 99% of the time. I'm just wondering if the transition is harder with Kabal than any other character. It took me ages to learn his pressure and I don't want to have to do it again.
I'm going to a local in around 2 and a half weeks and just need to know if that's enough time to make the switch

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I can't say much about a hitbox controller, because well I just had to do some research on WTH that even was and all I can trully say is damn, that looks slightly insane to use, though seeing how I have been a guitarist for large portion of my life, a transition like that might not be as difficult as I would suspect it to be. Anyway, I just trasitioned from the standard PS controller to a stick, and I'm sure it isn't to much difference with trasitioning to any kind of controller, all you need is pateintce, resolve, and practice. If your trully dedicated to what you do then you will grasp it faster than you may have even thought. When I was younger I always hated playing at the arcades, because I so preferred my d-pad controller, but now that I have a stick and got the hang of it I don't see how I got along without it. ( My gawd there is way too much double humor in this post)

Momentum

I can't say much about a hitbox controller, because well I just had to do some research on WTH that even was and all I can trully say is damn, that looks slightly insane to use, though seeing how I have been a guitarist for large portion of my life, a transition like that might not be as difficult as I would suspect it to be. Anyway, I just trasitioned from the standard PS controller to a stick, and I'm sure it isn't to much difference with trasitioning to any kind of controller, all you need is pateintce, resolve, and practice. If your trully dedicated to what you do then you will grasp it faster than you may have even thought. When I was younger I always hated playing at the arcades, because I so preferred my d-pad controller, but now that I have a stick and got the hang of it I don't see how I got along without it. ( My gawd there is way too much double humor in this post)
I've gone from pad to stick before but I was playing cyrax at the time and, LBSH, someone without hands could play him.
I'm really asking if its harder to make the transition if you're playing Kabal than any other character. Smoke for example

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
GGA soonk used to use stick before he got his hitbox and cybernetic implants. I'm not sure if he remembers what it was like as he's more man than machine now.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
@ Dizzy: Well, I cannot say whether it would be hard or easy, I'm also a Mileen user and really never delved into Kabal, I guess the only way to find is to try

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
How would switching to hitbox and acquiring cybernetic implants(My vision is augmented) make me more man than machine? Shouldn't it be the other way around?