What's new

Challenge Of Box: Making My Own Challenge Tower.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
There's one thing this game somewhat lacks for me nowadays.
Amidst all the matchup learning, BnB executing, repeated ass-whoopings just to learn how to better avoid getting one's ass whooped in such ways again, the thrill of the occasional hot streak and getting familiar with the cast...I crave fun.
Just plain ol' ordinary, video-game-based, "Hey, go do this," objective conquering fun.
(That's why I'm endlessly envious of the impending Vita players...I want a 2'nd Tower >.<.)

So I had an idea.
Come to the forums. Have some pie. Gather opinions.
Fellow Kombatants, I ask you: what is your absolute favorite thing to do in this game?
Favorite fight to have? Favorite BnB? Favorite dirty tricks or excruciatingly difficult fancy moves?
Anything you think would either give me a thrill or drive me fucking insane trying to pull off.
I'm working on everybody in little bits.
Sifting through the cast to see who sticks. Learning my enemies firsthand and such.
Some I love, some I have no boner for whatsoever, but my sole purpose in doing this is just to give myself a new challenge or 36 to meet from the minds of you fine folks, the people who know this game the best, so I'm up for getting creative with anybody.
Especially in the vein of Cage, Sektor, CSZ and Freddy. I fucking HATE Johnny Cage. I think he's the devil. But I know I've gotta put in SOME time with his pompous ass if I want to get a better idea of how to beat him. Neither Ketchup nor Blueberry really does much to satisfy my palette, couldn't tell you why...and I'm still really fucking pissed off at Freddy because he isn't Bo Rai Cho, but I'll put on the blue sweater/Asian persuasion/Cyber Smoke suit and try and do something nifty if it gives me an excuse to better figure them out.

Fire away, gentlemen. Give a Box an excuse to sing the F.U.N. Song.

P.S.: I hereby rescind any negative thing I have ever said about Sheeva.

14% Throws? MASSIVE amounts of damage and mixup/placement options? Four arms?
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Something cool i thought of doing would be like a 10 match challenge vs a select player (who thinks he can take on the challengers)

Challenger chooses a character, he gets 3 continues/changes.

The combatant defending the challenge, picks random characters in a random order out of a hat 8 times, these are the characters and order he will use them for the first 8 matches, the 9th match will be a character of their choosing other than their declared "main", and the final round 10 will be against the players main.

Sort of like a ladder but against a pro, instead of the god awful ai.

EDIT: Te point of this post was that YOU Take the challenge, if your up to it!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
That'd actually be pretty badass.
I just wish I had more pros around :(. Or the means to get to VSM.
Then you could just make a ladder out of the players, lol.