What's new

CEO 2013: "Community Rises" video, plus Alex talks about how he almost ended CEO this year

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
In the state of Florida, there is one man who has the ability to bring the fighting game community together on a large scale. This year Alex JeBailey brought almost 2,000 players and spectators together all under one roof to enjoy an event we all know as "Community Effort Orlando" or "CEO". Featuring players from 15 countries and 32 states, this year's CEO hit the history books, but the toll was almost too much for Alex. He expresses how the stress of running an event of this scale was getting to him. However, he says the reward and the end result make it all worth it. Read his Facebook post below and check out the recap video that follows.

ceopic.jpg

I'll be honest with everyone, before CEO 2013 I was contemplating everyday(And most of my close friends can attest to this) if it might be my last Major CEO/FGC event. I almost wanted to "go out on top" with this year & walk away when I was feeling stressed and started wishing I could just enjoy being selfish again, playing games, traveling and doing whatever I want and not having to take on the responsibility of everything that goes along with hosting an event like this.

Then CEO 2013 actually happened and seeing the fun, hype and everyone genuinely having the times of their lives made me realize that this is something I was born to do and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. All of Florida/Staff and my close friends really made this all happen which I'll forever be grateful for.

I'm at the point where CEO has so much momentum that I really don't want to make any mistakes to screw up its growth and will do my best to never forget what makes this community so special and everyone a part of it. So do me a favor, if you ever feel like CEO isn't about the community or you anymore, reach out to me and let me know. With me all it takes is communication to get us both on the right track, and as long as its possible, I'll do my best to make everything enjoyable for you. With that said I ALWAYS appreciate constructive criticism no matter how harsh, so if you have comments or suggestions you only want ME to see, please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected] so I can make the experience that much better for everyone.

I will say that without risk and a challenge, I would probably get bored by now but every decision, connection, mistake or issue has helped make the event better for everyone and I hope that continues. Now to just figure out to how to make use of 2 Ballrooms, A panel Room and extra Space for next year with CEO 2014. Might be time to hire an official team to help me plan everything, Lord knows I can't keep coming up with all these ideas on my own lol.

Thank You again everyone and making everything about CEO so special together and look forward to how much bigger we can continue to make it.

Sources: CEOGaming , GoogleMyName
Credit: Shoryuken

Attachments

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Utmost respect for CEO and Jebailey, always has been one of my favorite events to watch every year. If CEO2014 has a steel cage for top 8, we'll sweep the Scorpion hotfix debacle under the rug. ;)

Nah jk, keep doing your thing, I couldn't imagine myself in some of these TEOs shoes.

I enjoyed just watching the streams and everything, wish I would have manned up and went. I'm kinda new to the FGC so I was too nervous to join and I live like an hour away from Orlando. Definitely regretting not going now.

JLG

Noob
I did not go to CEO, but I really appreciated being able to watch the streams during the weekend. They all did a fantastic job with CEO, making it run smoothly and with lots of games shown live.

People take it for granted sometimes that we can play all these awesome games, but I'm old enough to remember a time when there were barely any (video) games at all. As such, I don't really think of the individual fighting games as having separate communities, but more like we are ALL a part of one big fighting game community. It really is an awesome thing to be a part of, and I hope that Jebailey and other tournament organizers will continue to help it grow.

E

Eldriken

I really need to try and go to the next CEO. I don't live too far from Orlando, so I need to just suck it up and go.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I really need to try and go to the next CEO. I don't live too far from Orlando, so I need to just suck it up and go.
You really do. I sucked it up and made the 4 hour drive there and it was definitely worth it. Even if you just go to play casuals and not to play in the tourney, it it still fun. Just meeting and playing players like Darth Armor and KDZ (players that I had never heard of before CEO), and even getting bodied by PL, was something to write home about.

E

Eldriken

You really do. I sucked it up and made the 4 hour drive there and it was definitely worth it. Even if you just go to play casuals and not to play in the tourney, it it still fun. Just meeting and playing players like Darth Armor and KDZ (players that I had never heard of before CEO), and even getting bodied by PL, was something to write home about.
Wow, a four hour drive? I most certainly do need to suck it up considering my drive is half of that at most. Maybe next year.

Yeah I'm like an hour away and I didn't go. Too afraid of getting embarrassed in casuals. I'd like to maybe try to start playing with some locals in Florida, either meeting up or just online even.

E

Eldriken

Yeah I'm like an hour away and I didn't go. Too afraid of getting embarrassed in casuals. I'd like to maybe try to start playing with some locals in Florida, either meeting up or just online even.
Where about in Florida do you live if you don't mind me asking? I'm always looking to find others to get some offline gaming in with as well. I live in Vero Beach and there's only one person that I know (he's on these forums too, actually) that I play Injustice with offline. It's DeathAndHealing that I get offline games in with, but it's usually not too often. :p

Him and I have been coveting an active scene in our area for a while for MK9 and Injustice alike. Just can't find anyone around here and those who do have a scene are 2+ hours away.

Where about in Florida do you live if you don't mind me asking? I'm always looking to find others to get some offline gaming in with as well. I live in Vero Beach and there's only one person that I know (he's on these forums too, actually) that I play Injustice with offline. It's DeathAndHealing that I get offline games in with, but it's usually not too often. :p

Him and I have been coveting an active scene in our area for a while for MK9 and Injustice alike. Just can't find anyone around here and those who do have a scene are 2+ hours away.
I live in Palm Coast. I'm pretty new to the area, been here for a year now. Looks like Vero Beach is about 2-2.5 hours away. :(

E

Eldriken

That figures. Anytime someone lives in Florida and plays the same games I do, they always live 2 hours or more away. >.< The only exception here is who I mentioned earlier. He only lives like 10-15 minutes away from me.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
That figures. Anytime someone lives in Florida and plays the same games I do, they always live 2 hours or more away. >.< The only exception here is who I mentioned earlier. He only lives like 10-15 minutes away from me.
Yeah, Florida is so spread out that it is kind of disheartening. I'm in Tallahassee; I swear I'm the only one in the entire town who play fighting games...period.