What's new

Tech Catwoman Tip #9 (Deathstroke Anti-WakeUp Punish)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
While some may argue that Deathstrokes wake-up attacks are ridiculous, and that its a bad match-up for Catwoman. I'm here to say "NAY" to that. This is specific to Catwoman, which makes it even more cool.

I'll be posting my thoughts on match-ups along with video footage soon.

Meanwhile, here are some pretty cool anti-wakeup shenanigans you can use against him.

Anti-WakeUp:

Safe Jump Version:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Nice. It's always bugged me that even though his wakeups don't do much damage you need two different punishes to stop them. Very clever.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Does this work with dash canceled MB B3 as well?

Still very cool.
I did cancel out of MB B3.

There are 3 ways to punish. For the sword flip, you wait until they are behind you, and you forward dash for a punish, against sword spin, you can either just let the B3 go, or you can wait for the armor to eat the first hit, then time the forward dash and punish.

Also, I don't know why I totally forgot to add the most important part of this Anti-WakeUp. But I'll record in in a second.

Vagrant

Noob
This is good.

My take on it is

If I see a catwoman player uses this. I know that letting me up for basically free is one of your options and will be less inclined to use wakeups.

The fact that you can do this from a jump in is pretty huge because my instinct is to sword flip if I see you in the air after knocking me down. This will catch a bunch of DS players off guard.

The guessing game then kind of becomes
Ok she's in range to either j2 into mixup (Sword flip)
or safe jump into mb f3/b3 (Get up and block or a mb b3 would probably blow hers up since she has to comit to it so maybe get up and mb b3 if you think she's going for this bait)

This just deepens the oki meta even more between these two.
Good find.

I enjoy this matchup alot.

GGA 16 Bit
Krayzie