What's new

Tech Catwoman Tip #7 (Mid-Screen Reverse Wake-Up)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I actually used this against Theo in Grand Finals on one of the WNF tournaments and nobody even noticed. :)

This is a just frame, and it works against a vast majority of the cast.

After the double F3 crumple, you can just frame her B2 and reverse your opponents buttons. Here is a list of what this set-up can do for you.

1. Reverses your opponents buttons.
2. For those who crouch the cross-up dash, now they have to deal with an overhead.
3. On block, you can end the B2 string with 3, and be +3 afterwards.
4. This can be done as an option select. If you aren't able to react, you can buffer in catdash, and if you reverse their wakeup, it will punish them but if it hits them, it will hit-confirm.
5. If you don't time the just frame correctly, more than likely you will cross them over and their wake-up will go the wrong way regardless.(Still, go for the just frame.)

Have fun.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I was just doing that yesterday. Lol. I was trying to figure out how can you f3 2 times effectively until I discover that yesterday. I discover a lot of new tech practicing and that was one of them. Good job

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Ran some experiments in the lab, and this works for 1f2 facing the corner as well. Really sweet when you see the AI whiff a wakeup attack.

Also the best way I've gotten the timing down for this is to step forward once then B2 for the crossup.