What's new

Tech Catwoman Cross-up's with B3 and B2

HaWXx Is Rippin

In the Akatsuki hideout, Hiding.

Not Sure if these setups have been discovered, i looked at the other threads and didnt find anything.

So these setups are done after using cat claws (bf1) and only with cat claws, i have not tried any other strings or moves, there maybe other possibilities with 2f3, but i have not tried, nor have i tried these setups on all the cast, have only tried it on about 6 characters

I set the dummy to hold back, i don't really know any other way to make it block cross-ups.

Clip 1 - Cat Claws (bf1) then straight away fully charge b3, not really much timing, do it immediately, Catwoman should hit the character from behind crossing them up, then resulting in a wall bounce or transition.

Clip 2 - Same as clip 1 but I dash back and do an instant b3, reason for this is because charging b3 against people might be too bait :p this is kinda hard to time, you have to delay the dash back slightly.

Clip 3 - Cat Claws (bf1) then dash forward and B2, hard to get to be honest, delay the dash forwards after the cat claws.

Again, just wanted to say i haven't fully tested this knowledge at all, not on all characters or after other moves, im not if this will ever see a day in play but hey, i though i can contribute something :D

Under_The_Mayo
Krayzie

@ and the rest of catwoman players that i cannot think of <3

Reborn

Noob
LOL i failed sorry, i refered to the way i have my stick layed out, changing now :D
Haha no worries... I am really bad at timing this but if you are in training mode I'd love for you to try this out for me.

In the corner do:
b12d3 xx stance 1, f2 xx db1, d2 xx df1... after the following do b2 and get the crossup to work.

I have done it once but this is my theory:
1) b2 if timed right in the corner can cross up the opponent
2) b2 if timed right will make your opponents wakeup attack wiff in the corner

If these two timings coincide then this would make this a really dirty corner setup.

EDIT: The normal meterless corner combo ending in 1f2 actually does cross up in the corner if you time the b2 correctly. Wiffing wakeup attacks after 1f2 is kinda wonky but I can get it to work. Something to consider for people better than me!

HaWXx Is Rippin

Haha no worries... I am really bad at timing this but if you are in training mode I'd love for you to try this out for me.

In the corner do:
b12d3 xx stance 1, f2 xx db1, d2 xx df1... after the following do b2 and get the crossup to work.

If these two timings coincide then this would make this a really dirty corner setup.
Hmm that sounds interesting, never thought about trying it in the corner

Also note, i was using the first setup against a friend of mine and by slightly delaying the timing for the b3, i was hitting him from the front instead, seems dirty to me if you condition your opponent

but yeah, once i come back im going to test all characters in the game

HaWXx Is Rippin

In the corner do:

EDIT: The normal meterless corner combo ending in 1f2 actually does cross up in the corner if you time the b2 correctly. Wiffing wakeup attacks after 1f2 is kinda wonky but I can get it to work. Something to consider for people better than me!
Just tried it (i work at a game store) as soon as db1 lands, dash forward and b2, and ive hit it like 4 times in a row, seems like its very reliable, tested on joker.

Tsayahh

Noob
Im trying to dash through superman in the corner and it doesnt work. What a coincidence ;) or its just me. So it could possibly be character specific

HaWXx Is Rippin

Im trying to dash through superman in the corner and it doesnt work. What a coincidence ;) or its just me. So it could possibly be character specific
would be harsh if it is, could you test it on a big character for me? like bane/lex aswell and a small character?

Reborn

Noob
Ending with 1f2, dash in, and b2 crossup works on Superman/Bane/Doomsday if they do not wakeup with any attacks. If they do wakeup though, I got mixed results when trying to crossup with an overhead. Superman's/Doomsday's wakeups would wiff but I could not get Bane's to so it may be character specific (or just my human error). I would say if you want to make the opponent's wakeup wiff in the corner, the current 1f2 ender, dash, 1f2 is more consistent and works on the entire cast so go with that.

As for the video in the OP, the catclaws dash into b2 crossup midscreen works on all the characters and also makes wakeup attacks wiff. Not sure how to use it in a match (without sacrificing tons of damage) but it is a good start and worth looking into.

HaWXx Is Rippin

Ending with 1f2, dash in, and b2 crossup works on Superman/Bane/Doomsday if they do not wakeup with any attacks. If they do wakeup though, I got mixed results when trying to crossup with an overhead. Superman's/Doomsday's wakeups would wiff but I could not get Bane's to so it may be character specific (or just my human error). I would say if you want to make the opponent's wakeup wiff in the corner, the current 1f2 ender, dash, 1f2 is more consistent and works on the entire cast so go with that.

As for the video in the OP, the catclaws dash into b2 crossup midscreen works on all the characters and also makes wakeup attacks wiff. Not sure how to use it in a match (without sacrificing tons of damage) but it is a good start and worth looking into.
yes, i will try and look into potential setups, it seems cat claws will be the only way to get into the situation or maybe db1

Reborn

Noob
yes, i will try and look into potential setups, it seems cat claws will be the only way to get into the situation or maybe db1
Well I would also consider trying ending a combo with MB catdash into F3 because you can get 2 dashes and have the positioning halfway into their body so it may be viable. I can't quite get it to work but I haven't slept in like 24 hours so my reactions are less than ideal.

skumz

Not Sure if these setups have been discovered, i looked at the other threads and didnt find anything.

So these setups are done after using cat claws (bf1) and only with cat claws, i have not tried any other strings or moves, there maybe other possibilities with 2f3, but i have not tried, nor have i tried these setups on all the cast, have only tried it on about 6 characters

I set the dummy to hold back, i don't really know any other way to make it block cross-ups.

Clip 1 - Cat Claws (bf1) then straight away fully charge b3, not really much timing, do it immediately, Catwoman should hit the character from behind crossing them up, then resulting in a wall bounce or transition.

Clip 2 - Same as clip 1 but I dash back and do an instant b3, reason for this is because charging b3 against people might be too bait :p this is kinda hard to time, you have to delay the dash back slightly.

Clip 3 - Cat Claws (bf1) then dash forward and B2, hard to get to be honest, delay the dash forwards after the cat claws.

Again, just wanted to say i haven't fully tested this knowledge at all, not on all characters or after other moves, im not if this will ever see a day in play but hey, i though i can contribute something :D

Under_The_Mayo
Krayzie

I like, I like alot!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

HaWXx Is Rippin

Update - Just found something ... i think it might need to be patched...going to test on all characters etc

there's something about her stance 2 (the whip) where you can make it unblockable (i think, players from my local scene were unable to block it both ways and this was offline.), will post a video soon...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
In the corner after a hard knockdown, you can dash forward and it creates a true ambiguous crossup where she either lands in front or behind(i.e you nor your opponent know which) Except you can instant j1 for a full combo either way.

That is what I usually do when in the corner. These are good options as well.

Reborn

Noob
Update - Just found something ... i think it might need to be patched...going to test on all characters etc

there's something about her stance 2 (the whip) where you can make it unblockable (i think, players from my local scene were unable to block it both ways and this was offline.), will post a video soon...
Please share! I have not found a practical use for stance 2 so maybe this could be breakthrough.

In the corner after a hard knockdown, you can dash forward and it creates a true ambiguous crossup where she either lands in front or behind(i.e you nor your opponent know which) Except you can instant j1 for a full combo either way.

That is what I usually do when in the corner. These are good options as well.
You can actually manipulate the timing of your jump in order to better control what side you land on. If you jump instantly after the dash, you will stay on the same side every time and the later you delay the jump, the more likely you are to crossup j1 (obviously if you wait too long you won't cross up).

As an added bonus, if you time your jump when their knees hit the ground (assuming you end your previous combo with 1f2) it will crossup your opponent's wakeup attack. Now you can punish those pesky KF, Batman, Harley, ect. players who think they can escape the corner with their forward advancing moves. Just to note that some character's WUs (Flash's uppercut, WW's lasso spin, ect) will still hit you due to their AA properties. So if you want to wiff out their WUs use normal 1f2 setup.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player

Under_The_Mayo
Krayzie

I have a great idea for the b3 tech you made

HaWXx Is Rippin

Please share! I have not found a practical use for stance 2 so maybe this could be breakthrough.

You can actually manipulate the timing of your jump in order to better control what side you land on. If you jump instantly after the dash, you will stay on the same side every time and the later you delay the jump, the more likely you are to crossup j1 (obviously if you wait too long you won't cross up).

As an added bonus, if you time your jump when their knees hit the ground (assuming you end your previous combo with 1f2) it will crossup your opponent's wakeup attack. Now you can punish those pesky KF, Batman, Harley, ect. players who think they can escape the corner with their forward advancing moves. Just to note that some character's WUs (Flash's uppercut, WW's lasso spin, ect) will still hit you due to their AA properties. So if you want to wiff out their WUs use normal 1f2 setup.
sorry for the late reply, been without internet for months...theres no breakthrough, it got patched recently, even though nothing was metioned in the patch notes