What's new

Tech Catching counterpokes

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It sounds really gimmicky (and it probably is), but on block if you confirm any string into bat evade (db3) you basically get a safe out. If you're versing people who love to mash, you can reversal bat evade and then catch them with a 3 (hard knock down) or just do nothing and remain safe.

It is incredibly gimmicky, but I've been mixing it up into my blockstring game and seeing some results. Things like ji2, 111~db3 or 21~db3 . It gets even better if you hit confirm things into strings with obvious gaps (such as 111~bf3) because they get into the habit of trying to counterpoke and then get blown up.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

I've been doing this. Good players will block high and fuck you up.

Not really. After certain Block strings, DB33 is spaced well enough to be practically safe. I couldn't punish it with lance charge. Think of it like BA's dive kick, the further down on their body you hit, the safer it is.

The true danger of this strat is that some D1's blow up both options, hitting you out of BF3 and the startup of DB33.

DB33 is really good to not forget, the hard knockdown provides setups for some of Batgirl's trickier stuff.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
why did u say reversal? can't u only reversal if YOUR the one blocking?