What's new

Casual play now has augments, confirmed

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
In local versus and casual online matches, players can use whatever custom version of a character they’ve created, including augments that provide bonuses like increased damage for certain moves, increased experience from performing fatalities, and more (players can choose to opt out of these augments, however).
In January it was heavily implied that augments would only be for single player tower modes.

And those customizations will be seen online, but it’s not quite like Injustice 2 — your stat changes won’t all be in play online, but the cosmetic choices will be seen by other players.”
Interview

If "opting out" works like in INJ2, where both players had to agree to not use gear bonuses, be prepared for either longer queue times, or that the only 1v1 game mode with custom variations will also be overrun by augment bonus bullshit.

There currently appears to be NO game mode that is standard 1v1+custom variations by default.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I feel pity for people who wasted their time in thelegendary multiverse for those USELESS gear items. Any beginnner could go pro using that time to practise.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Yeah, you can "opt-out" by not putting the Augments option set to "ON".
Or maybe you can "opt in" by not opting out on the VS screen. That logic works both ways. For now it seems like we don't know that part because the article contradicts itself.

I certainly hope you're right.

Though that will still have an impact on queue times either way.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I pray to GOD both players have to agree to enable these. Gear stats on IJ2 were infuriatingly stupid and made sure I never touched player matches, even if I wanted to. Bringing back one of the worst aspects of that game without a clear way to avoid it would be a colossal disappointment.