What's new

Capture card?

Piggy

City Slicker
How exactly do I capture straight video so that it doesn't look shaky cam off of the? What's needed?

Also what does everyone use for video editing?

Sent from my phizzone

blues686

Black lantern
i would like to know too.. im tired using my digital camera to record my tv when matches are being played

Piggy

City Slicker
i would like to know too.. im tired using my digital camera to record my tv when matches are being played
My thoughts exactly. Some cameras make the picture look clearer, others not so much. But a capture card makes it look beautiful.

Sent from my phizzone

redeyes

Button Masher
Well if your going for really nice quality the Happage HD PVR is for you. it runs at about 200$ but its well worth it if your a video maker. if you want something cheaper look up a dazzle capture card. the quality is a little worse but it gets the job done. I just sold my PVR due to the fact that i stopped making videos. but in the time i had it i loved it! its well worth the money but the company sucks for tech support....

video from my HD PVR (RIP old friend ): )

Piggy

City Slicker
Wow! Thank you! Now a better question. Video editing program for windows? Which is the best?

Sent from my phizzone

redeyes

Button Masher
Wow! Thank you! Now a better question. Video editing program for windows? Which is the best?

Sent from my phizzone
Well my favorite was sony vegas 9. It was a little odd to learn at first but once you get the basics its amazing. another one is adobe after effects. i have it downloaded but never really messed around with it. it was quite odd and not very friendly to first time users. your best bet is to get a sony vegas key gen.

best of luck!

Thats funny, i actually answered this question before...

Also as far as recording your game goes...there's alot of options out there it just depends on how much you want to spend. The more you spend the better quality. I'll list a few options below

1. To record using Composite Cables or S-video cable you want to use (Records in standard): http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...oducts/Dazzle/

This could run you any where from $60 to $120

2. (It records in 480p but you can render it out at 1080p) For Component cables: http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/ga.../overview.html

This one is $100 but I've seen it cheaper on Amazon and Ebay

3. For Component cables you can use (Records in HD 1080p and lower): http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html
Easily $200, but try sites like Newegg.com and Tigerdirect.com They usually do sells on gaming equipment

There are some HDMI cards out there but you'll be required to install them and its usually costs more then the Hauppauge, so again it just depends on your budget and the quality you want. The Roxio looks good but its HD quality doesn't compare to that of the Hauppauge. You can see the quality of all three products on youtube. All these come with video editing software...but you can easily use media movie maker as well. Sony Vegas or Adobe premier works as well

Go with the Hauppage HD PVR. I got one too, its pretty good.

As for editing software, use whatever is least expensive unless you plan on becoming a movie editing wizard, there is no need for all the extra gizmos.

I use a capture card called EasyCap its very cheap ($10) but you can only get it from Amazon

& Windows movie maker is free & good

Piggy

City Slicker
Go with the Hauppage HD PVR. I got one too, its pretty good.

As for editing software, use whatever is least expensive unless you plan on becoming a movie editing wizard, there is no need for all the extra gizmos.
I could torrent whatever software I need...

Sent from my phizzone

blues686

Black lantern
thanks! im definately getting that hd pvr.. looks the easiest to use with no need of opening up my computer

Indeed, but after my last debacle with some torrented software, Id rather go ahead and buy the product so I can have someone to bitch at when it crashes.

note: Are we allowed to talk torrents on here. ( I got an MMA-tracker inv to trade) :)