What's new

Guide - Goro cannot get goro command grab to work

wtf...practice practice practice and I still can't do it...so after punch walk we press 4 for a teep kick then we land the command grab

without the kick I land the move 100% of the time so punchwalk EX into command grab...almost 100% of the time after 20 attempts

with the punchwalk into kick THEN command grab I hit about 5% of the time

might just give up on the kick what does it add like 1 or 2 % dmg to the combo at the end

RYX

BIG PUSHER
you can buffer the move somewhat, much like grabs in IGAU with similar inputs

If you press down back, you have a really large window that you can press f3 to complete the input, though I'm not all too sure how it'll work in a combo

you can buffer the move somewhat, much like grabs in IGAU with similar inputs

If you press down back, you have a really large window that you can press f3 to complete the input, though I'm not all too sure how it'll work in a combo
I dunno if it's just me but I feel like as soon as the grab is implemented IN a long combo the timing is extremely harsh

if I just stand there with no combo and do the input,,,goro grabs the air EVERYSINGLE time...as soon as I add that kick I can't get it to work, very frustrating...I wanna move on and try some of other grapplers like jax but I wanna get this thing sorted first

thanks for the tip though...pressing down back then f3 makes the input a lot quicker!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I dunno if it's just me but I feel like as soon as the grab is implemented IN a long combo the timing is extremely harsh

if I just stand there with no combo and do the input,,,goro grabs the air EVERYSINGLE time...as soon as I add that kick I can't get it to work, very frustrating...I wanna move on and try some of other grapplers like jax but I wanna get this thing sorted first

thanks for the tip though...pressing down back then f3 makes the input a lot quicker!
do you mean landing standing 4 on a grounded opponent? Most command grabs won't land in that case, you have to land them against an airborne opponent or just do the grab raw.

I do agree though, I have trouble with landing the command grab in some of the longer combos. truth be told I end up doing punch walk twice by accident, though it's really good for corner carry

I would recommend doing forward 3 before you start the grab. I think it's easier and F3 is an advancing normal, so you cover more distance to land your grab

regulas

Your Emporer
The other think to look at his hight versus range. I find that goro's command grab is pretty high hitbox so getting them to be higher when you use it works better. This might require that the 4 itself be done faster if your cancelling into the grab.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
wtf...practice practice practice and I still can't do it...so after punch walk we press 4 for a teep kick then we land the command grab

without the kick I land the move 100% of the time so punchwalk EX into command grab...almost 100% of the time after 20 attempts

with the punchwalk into kick THEN command grab I hit about 5% of the time

might just give up on the kick what does it add like 1 or 2 % dmg to the combo at the end
u do command grabs like this. IF its a down back forward. you do Down back really fast as if it were a special then do forward. u have like 2 seconds to do forward. u dont have to rush down back forward.