What's new

Question - Impostor Can you combo after Mimicry?

I wanted to see some of shinnoks stuff while watching Midwest Championships and i picked balanced kenshi as my opponent.

I mimicry him and get a move from his Kenjutsu variation which launches the opponent. It lets you link a d1 after it which you can cancel to mimicry again.

So if you can combo after mimicry it looks like an infinite.

Or you can't combo after mimicry and they kinda saw this coming if you could?

InFlames

dead
I wanted to see some of shinnoks stuff while watching Midwest Championships and i picked balanced kenshi as my opponent.

I mimicry him and get a move from his Kenjutsu variation which launches the opponent. It lets you link a d1 after it which you can cancel to mimicry again.

So if you can combo after mimicry it looks like an infinite.

Or you can't combo after mimicry and they kinda saw this coming if you could?
You can block after mimicry

Blade4693

VIVIVI
They cant block if they are still in the mimicry animation though right? Like if I use mimicry and they are stuck in the animation and I jump in and attack before the animation is over it should hit, right?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
They cant block if they are still in the mimicry animation though right? Like if I use mimicry and they are stuck in the animation and I jump in and attack before the animation is over it should hit, right?
No they can block during the mimicry hitstun animation.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So what practical use does it have other than to steal specials? I thought it was like Qaun Chi's "You will obey" move lol
Mimicry steals the move and gives you a temporary damage buff. After mimicry you can go for a 50/50 with buffed damage or you can go for a throw, which will do 16% because of the damage buff.

Or you can go for chip damage with MB hell sparks.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Mimicry steals the move and gives you a temporary damage buff. After mimicry you can go for a 50/50 with buffed damage or you can go for a throw, which will do 16% because of the damage buff.

Or you can go for chip damage with MB hell sparks.
Awesome, thanks. I just recently picked up Shinnok and have been trying to come up with some stuff for him so this will be a big help.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Don't be afraid to ask questions around here. As long as you don't say stuff like "spam" and "online scrubs," people will be happy to help you.
Yeah so far everyone around here seems pretty nice :) And I don't ever call people spammers or scrubs, or complain when I get bested by a move being used repeatedly, I might get a little frustrated that I couldn't get around it during the match, but that's on me, not the other player lol

D

Deleted member 9158

It offers slight advantage to you but not much