What's new

Can someone explain Moves that are 0 on block?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I have been confused about this.
I'll use kitana as an example.

Why is it when kitana uses 33 against someone blocking the recovery looks so quick opposed to when she uses standing 2 the recovery looks as if the move is - on block?

Is it that 33's animation can be canceled with a dash? Or what?

Edit: sorry if this thread is confusing. I didn't know how to word it.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
If a move is 0 on block, it just means that you recover at the same time your opponent recovers from blockstun.

Your eyes can deceive you.

I believe it is because the animation of 33 is very quick.
Standing 2 would be negative, but the amount of stun the opponent's left in is actually enough to leave both fighters at neutral frames.

Mr. Mileena

Warrior
It's as if you did not even do 33 or 2 to begin with.
Neutral Game.

so after 2, if you do another 2, but reptile dashes (6 frames)
his will beat you by 5 frames.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
0 on block means you remain neutral after a blocked attack, weather the characters recover faster (after 33) or slower (after 2).
What you are fooled by is the blockstun and duration of blocked attacks. Some are longer (2), some are shorter (33), but the end result is they recover at the same time as blockstun ends.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I have been confused about this.
I'll use kitana as an example.

Why is it when kitana uses 33 against someone blocking the recovery looks so quick opposed to when she uses standing 2 the recovery looks as if the move is - on block?

Is it that 33's animation can be canceled with a dash? Or what?

Edit: sorry if this thread is confusing. I didn't know how to word it.
Her 33 is fast on recovery. Moves can look fast but its deceiving. You see people mash d3? D3 is fast AF but its -7 which is super bad. But when someone is 0 on block after a move it means that nobody has more hit/blockstun then the other. So since you both recover at the same time because your 0 on block, whatever move you do next, if its faster than your opponents, will beat it out. So lets say you do standing 33 and its 0 and you do d1 and your opponent does d3, your d1 should beat them out of their d3.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
its also noteworthy that you have to let go of block on the same frame.... or you'll be behind.
This is typical and happens alot... you think you let go of block and you didn't. It is ultimatley why poking is so hard in MK (especially online)... because letting go of block is such a big deal.