What's new

Can someone explain combos for us noobs?

i'm looking at some of the combo setup threads and i dont know whats being talked about...i'd like to get into this game but i already feel lightyears behind (this willbe my 1st fighting game)

for example -34% meterless:
223, b3, step forward, j3, b23. You can cancel into your 4 after the b23 for free bats on screen.

what does this mean?

chemicalNova

Apprentice
Simply:

for example -34% meterless: = The below combo does 34% damage, without using an EX move to spend your meter bar.

223, b3, step forward, j3, b23. You can cancel into your 4 after the b23 for free bats on screen. = Button notation. 1 = X, 2 = Y, 3 = A, 4 = B (for Xbox.. Square, Triangle, X, Circle for Playstation).

So, the combo is:

OH WOW I mixed Xbox and Playstation notation. Hold on.. I'll edit LOL.

The combo is (Xbox buttons):

YYA, Back A, Step Forward, Jump A, Back Y A. You can dash into pressing B after Back Y A.

rawool

Noob
Don't stress about it too much. We've all been there before.

- 34% means the amount of damage.
- In the game, you have a meter bar that you build up when performing special moves or getting hit. You use this meter to perform 'enhanced' special moves. "Meterless" means that the combo doesn't use any of the meter.
- 1, 2, 3, 4 refer to the X, Y, A, B or Square, Triangle, X, Circle buttons
- b,d,f,u means back/down/forward/up
- j means jump (j3 means jumping + 3)
- cancelling means breaking out of a current animation or move by inputing another move that cancels the previous one