What's new

Can Raiden's teleport be used as an offensive tool?

NKZero

Noob
Well I've finally decided to pick up Raiden. I know quite a bit about how the character should be played. I tend to play a defensive turtling style while capitalising on any mistakes made by the opponent. Anyways I was thinking about the teleport and this is what I think it is useful for...

• Good for escaping opponents' pressure in between traps or whatever
  • Good for escaping something you see coming and then whiff punishing
  • Creating a mind game so that if the opponent expects a teleport it always you to advance/retreat freely (depending on what you want to do)
  • Used after a string in anticipation of the opponent trying to poke
So to sum it all up, teleport is more of a defensive tool. However, do you people think it has a place offensively. Let's say you do B31-B31-teleport as a blockstring....if you can keep it unpredictable in general (the teleporting that is), can you ever see teleporting mid-string as a useful tactic to keep your opponent off guard and second guessing? Teleport is disadvantage so are you always guaranteed to lose your offense the second you teleport while you throw out a blockstring? Basically what I want to know is, is using teleport offensively ever a good idea?

Also now that we are on the topic of teleports, what is the use for EX teleport?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Most of the time you get a free cross up with Ex Tele unless someone is expecting it, which they shouldn't be. And you can link Ex tele into a combo, it lands in front of them instead of behind them.

NKZero

Noob
Most of the time you get a free cross up with Ex Tele unless someone is expecting it, which they shouldn't be. And you can link Ex tele into a combo, it lands in front of them instead of behind them.
Thanks. What d'you think about using the teleport in general as an offensive tool to confuse the opponent and continue pressure. Is it viable if kept unpredictable?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
It's viable but can be difficult against high level players to be unpredictable. I mean, it's also character specific. Some characters can punish the teleport very easily while others may only get a small amount of damage for a punish. Once you feel that they may be reading your teleports then you can EX tele and blow them up. You can basically be predictable to be unpredictable lol. But don't use it to much . Just once in a while, it works pretty good. Also like i said before, If you ex tele immediately press the direction to cross up and you'll almost always get a free cross up. I get a lot of combos off that way. Or if they are reading my teleport i will Ex tele into B312 because they will try to punish the normal teleport and they will whiff and the b3 will hit them and punish.