What's new

Question - Erron Black Caltrops instead of sand toss

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
this happens very often online. i'm doing the F1,3,DB4 string and instead of doing the toss he throws the caltrops. offline no problem but it also happens there (but rare) although my inputs were entered correctly. anyone knows why he does this?

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
this happens very often online. i'm doing the F1,3,DB4 string and instead of doing the toss he throws the caltrops. offline no problem but it also happens there (but rare) although my inputs were entered correctly. anyone knows why he does this?
Watch a match recording of what you were doing when it happened. You are almost certainly double tapping 3.

Return to neutral after 3 and prior to db4. You don't want the the 3 and the down input to overlap. I'd focus on tapping and releasing the 3 as quickly as possible.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
Watch a match recording of what you were doing when it happened. You are almost certainly double tapping 3.
nope it was 4.

Return to neutral after 3 and prior to db4. You don't want the the 3 and the down input to overlap. I'd focus on tapping and releasing the 3 as quickly as possible.
yeah. it seems he throws the sand toss 100% if i'm returning to neutral for one second. thanks buddy.

yeah. it seems he throws the sand toss 100% if i'm returning to neutral for one second. thanks buddy.
You're going to need to return to neutral for a fraction of one second. Sounds like you should level up your trial and error game.
/my help

EDIT: in retrospect, I misread your statement for sarcasm. My sincerest apology. :oops: I don't play EB. Insofar as input confusion, I run into this often with some of the more difficult strings in NRS games. Returning to neutral for a fraction of a second between normal attacks and special attacks generally solves wonky two-in-one (i.e. canceling) issues.

Last edited: