What's new

Match Footage - Quan Chi Cabjoy's Quan Chi Video Thread

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Howdy TYM,

In an effort to get more Quan Chi content out there for everybody, I thought I'd go ahead and start recording matches of me playing online so people can get another perspective on how to play the character. Not everything's going to be perfect, but again this is more here for those desperate for more footage and other perspective on the character. I'll divide the thread into sections for Sorceror, Summoner, and Warlock, but at this time I'm mainly focusing on Sorceror.

Feel free to leave comments, complaints/criticism, ideas, anything at all.

Quick PSA, if you notice me doing a ground skull during the f2122, 4, 4xxexrune combo, it's because I'm mistiming the max damage combo ;) At least when I play online, I always try to go for optimal stuff just for practice sake, so I may drop things because of this, or just because of lag in general.

Cabjoy vs x5_Baxter (Dragon's Fire Liu Kang, Cutthroat Kano)
Cabjoy vs Panicmode (Full Auto Jacqui)
Cabjoy vs P33MAN (Summoner Quan, Marksman Erron)
Cabjoy vs Gilbagz (Cryomancer Sub Zero)
Cabjoy vs Arnold Desu (Royal Storm Kitana)
Online Set: Cabjoy vs @Gilbagz (Cryo Sub)
Online Set: Cabjoy vs @Gilbagz (Nijutsu Scorpion)
Online Set: Cabjoy vs @VladMkd (HQT Predator)
Online Set: Cabjoy (Sorceror Quan Chi) vs GhostlyMachine (Grandmaster Sub)
Online Set: Cabjoy (Summoner Quan Chi) vs GhostlyMachine (Grandmaster Sub)
Coming soon...

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
If you're doing this then you should run sets with TYM folk who are pretty decent so it's good quality footage. I don't think people want to see you play just random online guys.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Well I would play with TYM guys but I'm in Australia... I know most of the guys that are worth playing in Australia though. I was bored and playing randoms this night, but most of the time I should be playing against other guys from my scene so the quality will be much better. More just testing out recording and what not for now. :)

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I'll give you another set sometime man if your looking for footage. Your QC is badass bro.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Maybe @Pan1cMode can play. Not sure if he plays online but I know he's from Australia so that's good enough!
Hahaha man, yes he's from Australia but he's far from the only player worth recording a set against. We've got a bunch of solid players here.

Just added two sets against felow Sydney guys. They're not using their mains, but still good games none the less.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Oh jesus you can only hear me talking lol
Holy shit i played like a tard
Shouts to random spear And random ex tele

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Oh jesus you can only hear me talking lol
Holy shit i played like a tard
Shouts to random spear And random ex tele
Man you don't even use scorpion! No biggie! haha

Oh shit didn't realise it only picked up you/Vlad. I guess I'll fix it up for next time so it's not one sided convo's hahaha.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Man you don't even use scorpion! No biggie! haha

Oh shit didn't realise it only picked up you/Vlad. I guess I'll fix it up for next time so it's not one sided convo's hahaha.
Haha I play enough fighters that I should have realised random ex-tele and spear are bad ideas. Too hard to try react to burst online with tele T.T

Lol would make sense in context cos of how retarded I played haha

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
Yeah for sure man. Since ysb I've been going hard with sorceror. I'm 100% convinced it's his best variation now. Anytime you have 2 bars or more near the corner it's gg. So gooooooood.
You referring to chip buff? I need to start using that more but armour is so good haha

I want to see your style more, Aaron said we play differently.

Jibbjab

PSN: Physicke
If any of you Quan players in the AUS room need a punching bag I really need the match-up experience against him. I'm practically free so I wouldn't expect much of a challenge. I main F/T if it matters.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
You referring to chip buff? I need to start using that more but armour is so good haha

I want to see your style more, Aaron said we play differently.
If you check out the vid of me vs vlad I'm pretty sure I get him with it quite a few times, as well as using it full screen and what not.

To be more specific, sometimes if I'm comboing someone into the corner, but not close enough to the corner to pin them in with the chip aura, I'll go for my normal combo ender and summon the aura like I would armour. This either forces the other player to wake up (which can be baited), or you can do a d3 check into a block string (d3 on hit will let you start your chip pressure from 14 of f212). Against characters with bad armour (like predator) I sometimes summon chip for zoning too. If he wakes up, he eats a rune and you're safe, if not you can spend a bar or two on runes and get upwards or 20-35% or something like that. Honestly man Armour, is good, but if you have a bar or two and see they have less than 60% life, you can usually kill. It's too freaking good!

Last edited:

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Just update the OP with my matches from our recent Australian major, OzHadou Nationals, where I came 3rd out of ~50 players. Video's are processing and not all were recorded. I'll tidy it up soon.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Added

Cabjoy vs x5_Baxter (Dragon's Fire Liu Kang, Cutthroat Kano)
Cabjoy vs Panicmode (Full Auto Jacqui)
Cabjoy vs P33MAN (Summoner Quan, Marksman Erron)
Cabjoy vs Gilbagz (Cryomancer Sub Zero)
Cabjoy vs Arnold Desu (Royal Storm Kitana)