What's new

Buying DLC fighters for time crystals?

Hello Kombatants. Imagine if WB and Ed Boon show us their kindness and give us the opportunity to buy new DLC fighters for time crystals. Why is it possible to buy fighters for in-game currency in Street Fighter 5, but not in MK11? We want it too! Even if it will be an overprice, for example, each DLC fighter for 1000 crystals, or even 3000, or an unbelievable 5000 crystals. They can even make this purchase in a combined currency, for example 2000 crystals + 3-5 million coins + 3000 hearts. Yes, it would be very expensive and it would be cheaper for casual players to buy fighters for real money in PS Store, but those who plays this game a lot and who don't have real money could afford to buy new fighters for in-game currency. What do you guys think about it?
Discuss.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I think that would be pretty cool, but they would probably do it like SFV did, and reduce the amount of currency you earn

To be honest, I think that even now the amount of time crystals obtained and the methods of obtaining them are very few. After you have completed the gauntlet and the tutorial, you can get crystals in only two ways: 1)to get 200 crystals you need to reach the top 10% in towers of time (available about once a week) and 2)50 crystals for every 5 fights per day spent in the Kombat League (but the Kombat League is not always available). Thus, even if the character will be cheap, for example 2000 crystals, then to earn just one DLC character you will have to spend about 10 weeks(!) or almost three months in ToT or 40 days in KL, i.e. about a season and a half(!) to earn only one DLC character (and then if it will be cheap). And if it costs more, say 4000 crystals, then multiply all this by two (20 weeks in ToT or 80 days in KL)! Correct me if I'm wrong.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
To be honest, I think that even now the amount of time crystals obtained and the methods of obtaining them are very few. After you have completed the gauntlet and the tutorial, you can get crystals in only two ways: 1)to get 200 crystals you need to reach the top 10% in towers of time (available about once a week) and 2)50 crystals for every 5 fights per day spent in the Kombat League (but the Kombat League is not always available). Thus, even if the character will be cheap, for example 2000 crystals, then to earn just one DLC character you will have to spend about 10 weeks(!) or almost three months in ToT or 40 days in KL, i.e. about a season and a half(!) to earn only one DLC character (and then if it will be cheap). And if it costs more, say 4000 crystals, then multiply all this by two (20 weeks in ToT or 80 days in KL)! Correct me if I'm wrong.
the combat league math is a bit off since you get tc as a reward in some ranks too but the whole concept is not meant for you to purchase chars so of course its not balanced around it.