What's new

Business Decision: Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Heya, TYM'ers, what's up?

Trying to make a decision here...Xbox 360 or Xbox One? I need opinions from you guys.

From my end, here's what the reasoning looks like:

Xbox One is still selling at $500, but has the Killer Instinct exclusive currently available, and other titles to be played on both next-gen consoles will be released throughout 2014. In my case, Metal Gear Solid V and Kingdom Hearts 3 are on my wish-list, but the former won't be released till March and production for the latter is taking way too damn long to finish up (come ON, SquareSoft!). If I were to get the One right now, I would only have Killer Instinct to play...though I AM pretty damn hype for it, I won't lie.

On the other hand, I can afford the Xbox 360 right now and get it along with MK and Injustice for it, and keep myself occupied until prices drop for the Xbox One. By the time it does, more content for Killer Instinct should be made available, and other titles I wanna grab ought to be out...although, I'd have to pay money to expand my character roster in KI as new characters are released, and I would fall behind the rest of the KI players in terms of knowledge and experience.

And for those wondering, yes, I will get the Playstation 4 eventually. After all, I owned the first three generations of Playstations, so I may as well continue the trend. It's just a matter of deciding what order in which to get the consoles, WHEN I can get them. As of now, the Xboxes take priority. I'd been saying for a while I was gonna get the 360 and I know some people have eagerly awaited my arrival on XBL. (isn't that right, Wemfs ?)

TL;DR - should I get the Xbox One first and work on Killer Instinct while I wait for other titles to be released, or get the 360 now to expand my player base for MK/Injustice and wait till prices for Xbox One models drop?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Xbox 360 along with injustice is gonna be obsolete after 2014..
I don't think so. There's still potential to be drawn out for the current-generation consoles. For instance, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix is set to be a PS3 exclusive in 2014.

...yeah, I know, I dunno why it won't be on the PS4 either.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Go for the 360 Blake.far superior online for mk9 and injustice.id wait for the inevitable price drop for Xbox one oh and a convertor seeing as the pad is a pile of shit.
Think of all those people you've never played at mk9 and injustice,months of fun before price drop of Xbox one.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Why do you need a 360, do you not have a current gen console?
For a plethora of reasons.

1) Yes, I do have a current-gen console - the PS3. But due to a stupid-ass update from Sony, the disc reader stopped working. I circumvented this with downloaded titles, of course.

2) I lead a team called Ruthless Mayhem, or RM for short. We have divisions for PS3 and 360. By buying a 360, I can handle matters on both sides rather than just one, as it will grant me access to a larger player base than usual. For hardcore players like me who want to interact with the community, it's quite a benefit.

3) By now, it's a general consensus that the PS3 version of Injustice suffers from lag whereas the 360 version does not. This includes backgrounds and amount of stuff being put onto the screen. I manage just fine on PS3, but it would be nice to try out the 360 version.

4) With MrWizard's announcement that EVO will be on the Xbox, it might be a good idea to get used to the 360 AND the One if I can get them.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
For a plethora of reasons.

1) Yes, I do have a current-gen console - the PS3. But due to a stupid-ass update from Sony, the disc reader stopped working. I circumvented this with downloaded titles, of course.

2) I lead a team called Ruthless Mayhem, or RM for short. We have divisions for PS3 and 360. By buying a 360, I can handle matters on both sides rather than just one, as it will grant me access to a larger player base than usual. For hardcore players like me who want to interact with the community, it's quite a benefit.

3) By now, it's a general consensus that the PS3 version of Injustice suffers from lag whereas the 360 version does not. This includes backgrounds and amount of stuff being put onto the screen. I manage just fine on PS3, but it would be nice to try out the 360 version.

4) With MrWizard's announcement that EVO will be on the Xbox, it might be a good idea to get used to the 360 AND the One if I can get them.
It sounds like you'd be better off buying a 360 then.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Get the one. I have a 360 and one. The online lobbies and ranked matches for INJ and MK9 are pretty empty so unless you have a list of friends who you know will play with you on 360 its not worth the purchase.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Get on the hype train and get KI. That's all I got and I'm pretty happy with it, of course I have some games on my pc thou like DayZ and Injustice.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I would go for Xbox one, because if you buy 360 once you buy the xbone then you will have to sell your 360 cheap af. But if you are not going to sell the 360 then go for xbox 360

AcidGlow

ULTRAAA COMBOOO!!!
If you have the money to blow off and you really wanna play KI.. then get X1. If you're on a budget but you still want 1 console.. get 360 cause it's cheaper and has more games right now.