What's new

Building meter off of homing missles.

Just a brief tactic on building meter with sektor (i know there are other ways without homing missles but this was just to show this way)

of course you can shoot missles all day but alot of characters can anti zone you

so a great string on block to build pressure is 122~straightmissle (or flamethrower)

so essentially if you do a homing missle for pressure you get a safe jump into 122~flamethrower which will build you half a meter back. Even when the homing missle hits a blocked opponent you get a little meter from it. this is good if you want to play it safe and you can mix this up after you do it once with 12 122~ rocket since they expect 122 they will have to block the first 12. so 12 122~flamethrower will build you about 2/3 a bar and good chip and makes the opponent unsure when to poke or duck since they will get hit by the 122 overhead. i like to add the flurries of 12 a few times until going into 122 after my opponent respects 122 by itself. you can also do 12~throw and so on. you can also follow the 122 up by an upmissle or another homing missle if you can afford it meter wise. that will throw your opponent off a bit when they expect the flame/striaght missle and get a possible safe jump into more pressure/meter building.

so basically for 2 bars you get 2 homing missles and a bar of meter back or free mix ups. this is considering they block all the strings but if you can hit confirm the homing missle, JiP or 12 you can go into a full combo. this can be at almost fullscreen since sektor can dash quickly. when this makes your opponent turtle after they see a homing missle and expect your full 122~flamethrower string you can throw in your 50/50s and whatnot.

heres what it should look like

Homing missle JiP 122~homing missle 122~flame/straight/upmissle

also after a landed f2 poke you can dash up into a 12 string and they have to block it. Once they respect the f2 into 12b1 you can pressure accordingly. Similar to landing a grounded d4.

Just a few things ive been fooling around with and hopes this helps some sektor players who want to kno how to rush with sekt. Get your chip damage and get back out to your zone and build meter with missles and punish accordingly! use the 21~TU combo on punishes that the 2 whiffs during the 12b1 string.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Not a bad philosophy. I actually started to use homing missiles the other day and will say they work if you throw them in once in a while. Though in my opinion if I was playing a sektor and saw a homing missile I would press full offense. Sure the missile would hit me and cancel my combo on them, but that way they spent a bar for only 8%. Almost no one knows Sektor well enough to do this though, and they will just block.

Not a bad philosophy. I actually started to use homing missiles the other day and will say they work if you throw them in once in a while. Though in my opinion if I was playing a sektor and saw a homing missile I would press full offense. Sure the missile would hit me and cancel my combo on them, but that way they spent a bar for only 8%. Almost no one knows Sektor well enough to do this though, and they will just block.
yeah my sparring partners will purposely will rush in with an attack that they know will push me back enough to where i cant take advantage of the missle hitting them. but i can always block their rush and hope it i block their pressure long enough where i can dash up right when the missle hits them or apply some front upmissles if they try advancing..2 missles on the screen and they better not try to rush me lol. Idk, it can get confusing and very matchup specific for certain players. you really have to be prepared for sektor to deal with his shenanigans. I dont normally do this constant homing missle pressure but i found it works well here and there and just make it as a suprise element in your game when you have a good life and meter lead to really throw the opponent off. once that homing missle hits them during their strings as they hit you and YOU dash up and combo them off the missle is such a satisfying feeling. they'll want to just turtle next time they see those cross hairs.

You'd be suprised how many people try to dance the homing missle off of them, quite funny sometimes (not experienced players obv.) .. especially when they jump and you catch them in an air to air combo :laugh: