What's new

Guide - Master of Souls Broken Ermac Inputs!!

ABake

Bum Kitana Main
Does anyone else seem to be having issues canceling into the Force Lift out of the B1,2? It ALWAYS comes out as Soul Burst for me when doing this combo:
F4~Soul Ball, FJP, F2,1,D2 FJK, teleport, B1,2~EX Force Lift, D2.

I've done it before but with no consistency whatsoever. I suppose it's not too big of deal seeing as how I'm TRYING to use 1 bar to take me from the 38% that the accidental non-meter burned Soul Burst gets me, to 41% with the EX Force Lift and D2.

Is anyone else running into this problem, what's the solution?

UPR_Nova

Noob
Does anyone else seem to be having issues canceling into the Force Lift out of the B1,2? It ALWAYS comes out as Soul Burst for me when doing this combo:
F4~Soul Ball, FJP, F2,1,D2 FJK, teleport, B1,2~EX Force Lift, D2.

I've done it before but with no consistency whatsoever. I suppose it's not too big of deal seeing as how I'm TRYING to use 1 bar to take me from the 38% that the accidental non-meter burned Soul Burst gets me, to 41% with the EX Force Lift and D2.

Is anyone else running into this problem, what's the solution?
Honestly man, you shouldn't be doing that combo anyway. You are sacrificing one bar of meter to gain 2% on damage and you do not get a vortex opportunity. Your best option off f4 goes like this:
F4 xx bf2, jip, f21d2, jk xx db4, b12, 22 xx db1. You can substitute the 22 in the combo above for f4 and do the same damage which is 39% meterless. If you just HAVE to use meter (which again is not ideal unless you are setting up vortex) then the combo should be:
F4 xx bf2, jip, f21d2, jk xx db4, b12, f4 xx EX db1, d2. At least it does 43% so it's a 4% gain for one bar which still isn't great.

Your focus with Ermac should be meterless damage and only using meter for breaking, X-ray combos of 50% and above, or meter to set up vortex. For example, instead of cancelling your starter into Soul Ball, cancel into teleport. The combo would be as follows:
F4 xx db4, d1 xx EX db1, f21d2, RC b12 xx bf2, jip, b12. Ending in b12 leaves them standing for a 50/50 mixup between f4 and b3 cancelled into teleport, and combo, and rinse and repeat until you are out of meter or they guess right.

ABake

Bum Kitana Main
i think youre inputing the ex lift too fast, wait untill b1,2s animation is pretty much over
I thought that might be the problem too. It just feels as it the frame window is so small between the end of the b1,2 animation and being out of the EX lift hit box.

ABake

Bum Kitana Main
Honestly man, you shouldn't be doing that combo anyway. You are sacrificing one bar of meter to gain 2% on damage and you do not get a vortex opportunity. Your best option off f4 goes like this:
F4 xx bf2, jip, f21d2, jk xx db4, b12, 22 xx db1. You can substitute the 22 in the combo above for f4 and do the same damage which is 39% meterless. If you just HAVE to use meter (which again is not ideal unless you are setting up vortex) then the combo should be:
F4 xx bf2, jip, f21d2, jk xx db4, b12, f4 xx EX db1, d2. At least it does 43% so it's a 4% gain for one bar which still isn't great.

Your focus with Ermac should be meterless damage and only using meter for breaking, X-ray combos of 50% and above, or meter to set up vortex. For example, instead of cancelling your starter into Soul Ball, cancel into teleport. The combo would be as follows:
F4 xx db4, d1 xx EX db1, f21d2, RC b12 xx bf2, jip, b12. Ending in b12 leaves them standing for a 50/50 mixup between f4 and b3 cancelled into teleport, and combo, and rinse and repeat until you are out of meter or they guess right.
Sounds good man, I'll try implementing this from now on. Much appreciated.

UPR_Nova

Noob
dont end combos in raw db1, use db2
You should make sure that you explain why to someone that doesn't know the proper combos. Simply saying "don't end with db1" implied the option is inferior in every way. Db2 gives one percent extra, however, the distance the opponent is left at after the combo is different to db1. I should have stated both options in my post so the fault lies with me but personally, I feel the spacing that I'm left with after db1 is better suited for Ermac rather than db2. Although the difference is miniscule to some, I feel more comfortable at that distance. It's a lot easier to check someone getting up with bf2 the further they are away. Guess it's 6 one, half a dozen the other though.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
You should make sure that you explain why to someone that doesn't know the proper combos. Simply saying "don't end with db1" implied the option is inferior in every way. Db2 gives one percent extra, however, the distance the opponent is left at after the combo is different to db1. I should have stated both options in my post so the fault lies with me but personally, I feel the spacing that I'm left with after db1 is better suited for Ermac rather than db2. Although the difference is miniscule to some, I feel more comfortable at that distance. It's a lot easier to check someone getting up with bf2 the further they are away. Guess it's 6 one, half a dozen the other though.
db2 gives about the same space db1 but more damage and possibly more advantage

UPR_Nova

Noob
db2 gives about the same space db1 but more damage and possibly more advantage
Right. Worth mentioning that lift is HKD though right? I don't think you can roll out on that but I may be mistaken.

Edit: answered my own question in the lab. Opponent can't tech roll on lift. So for me, further away plus HKD to sacrifice 1% most of the time. That's my comfort zone personally, but like I said before, it's either or really.

its unfortunate i saw this thread only now. did this started happening since the patch where they removed OS?
because since that patch for the life of me i can no longer do d1 into soulbal (back forward input).
i was doing it 10/10 no problem but since that patch it just accepts super clean button input. it always comes out as burst to me.

Wigy

There it is...
Its funny. When i play ermac no matter what button i press d3 comes out.. Though i do get the occasional f4