What's new

Breakthrough: Will help with online connections, works on ps4

champdee

Noob
Basically, you just open your ports for your ps4 on your router... this video displays how to do it.. I will look into the ports for xb1, but since the ps4 ones work, I'd try them. This will help for a better online experience! Any questions and I will help, and update the thread... we need this. This and other stuff are on my mkx twitch.tv/champdee

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
I think most people already knew about port forwarding, but this is still great advice for those who didn't/didn't know how!

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Note for people who want a more detailed explanation and/or are network savvy: basically what you want to do is prevent as many UDP hole punching cycles as possible. I've found that the best way to do this with NRS games is to put whatever you're playing on at the moment (console or PC) in DMZ mode and monitor traffic over WireShark and see which port ranges are being used by the game. You'll typically want the ports documented by Sony/Microsoft/Steam forwarded at a minimum, but there are others that are used in vivo that can still result in slowdowns due to UDP hole punching requests.