What's new

Breaking News: Mortal Kombat Special Forces HD on the way?

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Im sure this wont get front paged but it seems that a Mortal Kombat SPecial Forces is in the works...

Accoriding to Kefer "Can you tell me about the nukes" Sutherland's twitter:

Some of you may remember that MK Special Forces was a game made back in 2000 just before John Tobias left the company. It featured Jax Briggs as a main character and took place before Sub Zero Mythologies but was poorly received....

Could this be a joke..or the real deal (Ed Boon Tweeted this out on his official twitter page.) and how does the community feel about this instead of an MK Shaolin Monks remake?

Edit: Knew this was a joke (@Sabin had said on twitter that Ed Boon was "one of the best trolls he knew") however games like Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon were announced on april 1st...isn't it fun to think about regardless....?

Last edited:

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Special Forces was HORRIBLE lol. With that said, its April ;) I for one can imagine Boon putting Sutherland up to this lol.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
April Fool's, obviously.

You don't revive a game that did not go well at all. Even the lesser experienced developers should know this.

Never trust Boon even if it nots April fools day the guy is a top tier trollster rememeber the Dr Fate troll lol. "When will they ever learn".

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I would think if it was redone, it may be better since I trust NRS to make decent action games. But uh... It's a bit too late imo, plus It's not Shaolin Monks HD so why do I care?

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
My guess is that it's not a special forces game. In this case, if the "Stryker" part is true, then I'm disappointed for the following reasons:
1) You get Sutherland to do a character's voice and this character is Stryker? ? meh...
2) If the above is true, then Stryker gets resurrected ???????

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Did any of you guys play this back in the day? I was little, but I remember LOVING MK: Mythologies Subzero so I was pumped to get to play as Sonya in a similar style of game.

It was not what I was expecting/hoping for AT ALL.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Did any of you guys play this back in the day? I was little, but I remember LOVING MK: Mythologies Subzero so I was pumped to get to play as Sonya in a similar style of game.

It was not what I was expecting/hoping for AT ALL.
I didn't even like Mythologies too much, it was really clunky feeling imo. But even that game was way better than what Special Forces became.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
April Fool's, obviously.

You don't revive a game that did not go well at all. Even the lesser experienced developers should know this.
True, but hey Far Cry BLood Dragon was announce on april fools day and well....

Edit: And there have been some games that have been revived after earlier mediocre outings... You never know...