What's new

Match-up Discussion Boy Hunting a Manhunter (Tips Against Manhunter) needs testing

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Hey guys fellow online player here. I have no video recording devices to show you guys physically but just wanted to share some ideas for someone to test for me. Sorry if someone already discovered this. Just two things:

1. It seems that when MMH uses his meter burned psyche orbs, if Shazam uses his advancing mercury storrm/teleport over them, they get completely nullified and disappear. Maybe someone could discover how to punish this when he is doing it. Unfortunately it doesn't work on his normal ones.

2.After Martian Manhunter gets hit with a AC, Meterburned F3 timed can beat all of his good wakeups whether it would be his Psionic Push, Phase Assault normal, or Phase Assault down. If you can predict the Phase Assault, regardless of of which, he can even bet him clean meterless THEORETICALLY GIVING SHAZAM A 50/50 OFF HARD KNOCKDOWN AGAINST MARTIAN throwing in meaty HM. I don't know if it is just me, but can someone replicate this and confirm. Thoughts????

Last edited:

SuppaSapien3

I only mentioned it because mixing your opponent up with Shazam off hard knockdown is imperative to his gameplay. Plus martian manhunters teleports is generally hard to punish with anyone. If you looked what I said he can acually beat most of his wakeups with a meterless F3 off AC, I would say about 8o percent of them. The meterburn is for the guarantee of 100 percent to beat say his psonic push. Once you condition him to stop waking up you can abuse the meaty HM. In fact, if you have godlike reads you could save that meter and go for advancing speed of mercury and punish psonic push with HM. Now that I think about it I wonder if he can set this up off a MB torpedo....

Last edited:

mfkaoz

Banned
You can teleport through any of Martian's orbs, blue or red.
Don't try to punish with HM after doing so because his orb animation is throw immune.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I only mentioned it because mixing your opponent up with Shazam off hard knockdown is imperative to his gameplay. Plus martian manhunters teleports is generally hard to punish with anyone. If you looked what I said he can acually beat most of his wakeups with a meterless F3 off AC, I would say about 8o percent of them. The meterburn is for the guarantee of 100 percent to beat say his psonic push. Once you condition him to stop waking up you can abuse the meaty HM. In fact, if you have godlike reads you could save that meter and go for advancing speed of mercury and punish psonic push with HM. Now that I think about it I wonder if he can set this up off a MB torpedo....
You could also whiff punish his Push wakeup with b23.

SuppaSapien3

You can teleport through any of Martian's orbs, blue or red.
Don't try to punish with HM after doing so because his orb animation is throw immune.
Yeah but when he uses his red orbs they disapear completely when you teleport even when you are not hit. the blue orbs still stay when you phase through them. test it in practice mode. set orbs to mb red. then teleport over them

Yoaks

A spaceman
Yeah but when he uses his red orbs they disapear completely when you teleport even when you are not hit. the blue orbs still stay when you phase through them
Uh...but you got past the blue orb? Why does it matter if it's still there?

SuppaSapien3

Uh...but you got past the blue orb? Why does it matter if it's still there?
martians b3 shenanigans. Usually when i play MH they start to mb B3 the teleport on reaction. My standard reaction is to dash back, then i forget about the orb. Or he can try to push you to it. Basically the less traps on screen fighting Manhunter the better.

SuppaSapien3

Why would you allow him to wake up and force you to block him when you can flat out beat him out of it and scare him from using it again? And I just tested it, it is not free. He can b3 as well as duck. Its not free if he has any options to get out of it. F3 off AC is free when he teleports because its impossible to get out.

SuppaSapien3

Yeah coming back after all these months I can truly say Shazam is really dominate in the manhunter matchup if the oppenent is unskilled at zoning. If he knows how to it can be harder.