What's new

Boston Tournament during Summer!?

Hey guys i wanted to know if anyone in the Boston area wants to organize a tournament for lets say mid July? I will be living in Boston for the summer starting a week from today and i think this would be a great way to pass the time by! ha, anyway i think we should set up the tourny the same as how "ilovepoop" set up his XBLA tourny, we could either do it online or at a certain place in Boston. Thanks guys. :eek:

TheLord Phoenix UMK3 said:
1st. Never said this site sucked. Simply expressed my preference of x360a over this site. only because i have more a rep on their forums. again, never said this site sucked.

2nd. UMK3 pro may be a bit of a stretch on this site, but as far as x360a goes i am undoubtedly in the top 5 players that are regular members off that forum, maybe that doesnt make me a world champ, but it says something.

3rd. I don't drop games, which is why you havent played me.

4th. Even if i HAD said this site sucked, what does that have to do with oranizing an UMK3 tourny in Boston? NOTHING. try to stay on topic please.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Knock it off.

I'm getting super tired of the influx and variety of childishness on the site the last couple months.

Not joking.

Damn I came in here to find out about a possible tourney and I get this =/

anywayz if anyone is really gonna make a tourney in boston I would be interested. Still within driving distance for me and ill get to slap some red sox fans around =p

DARKVIRU5 said:
Damn I came in here to find out about a possible tourney and I get this =/

anywayz if anyone is really gonna make a tourney in boston I would be interested. Still within driving distance for me and ill get to slap some red sox fans around =p
Thats what I'm saying... if you really are gonna have a tournament in Boston, let me know.

Ok guys if you REALLY want to have a Boston tourny we can do it one of two ways :)

1. XBL, i know its not original, and we might have to deal with lag or quitters or whatever but its DOABLE and will be fun .

2. I have a 60 inch plasma screen tv in the "media room" of my apartment complex that i can reserve for any day...it would be a really sweet place to have a tourny we can get loads of beer and play all day. We'll do every personVSperson gets best of 5 games or whatever. I Live in Brockton outside of Boston, but its easy to get to by the commuter rail.

Any thoughts ? :)

abc ur dead0 said:
1. XBL, i know its not original, and we might have to deal with lag or quitters or whatever but its DOABLE and will be fun .
So, How is this a boston Tourny then?
Umm...only people in and around the Boston metro area participate in the XBL tourny? ;)

BTW...what do you guys think about my sig? i made it yesterday then updated it again today, its my first one i've ever made. I downloaded the adobe photoshop demo for MAC OSX..and suggestions? :)

dreemernj

Ambassador
Maybe you can combine the choices. Let people that make it to the tourny participate in person and let people that don't make it participate over XBL :-D

Those matches would be different than the offline of course, but it might still be fun, even if just for casuals before or after.

And the sig looks cool. Definately good for a first try. It's a shame the ninjas don't have more versus screen pics, it'd look better if it wasn't just the 2 poses for the 4 of them, but what can you do.

dreemernj said:
Maybe you can combine the choices. Let people that make it to the tourny participate in person and let people that don't make it participate over XBL :-D

Those matches would be different than the offline of course, but it might still be fun, even if just for casuals before or after.

And the sig looks cool. Definately good for a first try. It's a shame the ninjas don't have more versus screen pics, it'd look better if it wasn't just the 2 poses for the 4 of them, but what can you do.
Hmm that actually sounds like a good idea :) I'm not exactly sure if i can get internet down in the media room i'll have to check

Thanks for the sig feedback! i'm working on another one right now but its not a MK one, its for my sig on x360a, its going to have Raziel from soul reaver and the mastercheif in it like my old one. I'm really liking adobe photoshop :)

I live near Boston so I could possibly make it depending on my schedule that day. abc has a good point though. If the tournament is going to be online, it wouldn't be a Boston tournament. I like dreemernj's idea too.