What's new

Boon teases new image of the Turtles. Could it mean a trailer around the corner?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
It's no secret that when the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were revealed for Injustice 2's Fighter Pack 3 that it surprised the masses. Boon himself said on twitter that he couldn't believe that the Turtles didn't leak. Everyone had been guessing it would be Spawn or other characters... no one suspected the four Turtles. On top of that, the Fighter Pack 3 reveal video on the Injustice YouTube channel has the most views by 3.1 Million.

It's been quiet for a while now with the release of Enchantress cooling down and everyone clearly waiting on a Turtles gameplay trailer and a WatchTower stream by @tylerlansdown. However, one thing at a time.

Boon took to twitter today to tease an image of the Turtles. It is an image of Raphael holding a pizza box (the Turtle's favorite food is pizza if you didn't already know) with the Easter egg on the side of the box reading, "CAUTION: TOASTY!!!". Check it out below.

raphael.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/958781751337390080

Attachments

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
God dammit I'm so hyped for the Turtles to come to IJ2. It's gonna be awesome! The hype is real!

Ralph wearing colored knee pads and arm bands, as well as leg covers / wraps and Mikey is wearing standard arm bands and knee pads and no leg covers.

I love that we get to see different gear in this shot. :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So if they play as assist type of character while switching via trait there is a high possibility this is a test run for MK11 Tag system.

Suave

Noob
Just a speculation but do you guys think that the turtle that is active on the field will be they one with the gear while the other turtles have standard look? I see Raph has what looks to be gear with the arm bands and leg bands while mikey has what looks to be the standard look.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just a speculation but do you guys think that the turtle that is active on the field will be they one with the gear while the other turtles have standard look? I see Raph has what looks to be gear with the arm bands and leg bands while mikey has what looks to be the standard look.
Its really unsure for now, it will depend on how the character really plays, if its a striker/assist archtype of character or not, if it switches between turtles at all. It can really be anything at this point but Boon said team work

It reminded me a lot of the striker mechanic from KOF' 99 and when NRS sometimes tries out new things in one game, it works as a trial run to implement in the next game. The variation system in MKX which they reworked for gear, the MB concept in IGAU which then became a thing in MKX among other things.

Though Brainded is indeed correct by narrowing down chances by 0, it allows me to rephrase my previous comment, i assume maybe MK11 will have tag again, and if so, reworking the system might be their aim, if turtle plays like a tag system with possitive reviews and tag being among the most requested features members want in the next MK maybe they will implement that again, but that's just pure speculation.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Only issue I take is it takes 4 of the guys to beat 1 of the cast. They aren't THAT weak compared to superheroes..
I mean any of the four single handedly knocks Robin out easy.

im gonna go out on a limb and say we'll see a trailer tomorrow.

based on boons twitter habits, he tends to post some teases a day or two before the trailer release. They've also frequently occurred on a Friday.