What's new

Boon hints at Scorpion vs Sub-Zero dialogue in MKX

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Today Ed Boon has taken to twitter to not only answer a few fan questions, but has also gave us a taste of likely MKX Scorpion vs Sub-Zeros dialogue. As we all know Scorpion and Sub-Zero have a deep history that descends in to complete rivalry.

Here is a taste of dialogue Boon tweeted today.

Scorpion: Murderer!
Subzero: I tire of maintaining my innocence...
Scorpion: I will relieve you of your burden!
Announcer: FIGHT !!!

Source: www.twitter.com/noobde
(Article done via mobile)

Attachments

Last edited:

st9rm

viennality.com
seems similar to injustice dialogue before the fight start / before using wager

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
you forgot this MKx TOO TURNT UP EDITION!

Scorpion: Fuck you doin in my hood you Lin Kuei bitch!? this is Shirai Ryu turf!
Subzero: Shirai Ryu aint shit eat a dick!
Scorpion: What!?! I beat cho ass!
Announcer: BEAT HIS ASS !!!

*Wiz Khalifa plays in the background*

*All the dead souls are chanting WORLD STAAAR*

Last edited:

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Do you guys have an idea if the game is going to be region locked? I checked on play-asia.com to pre-order it earlier today, says that it has no region protection

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I love it. MK9's dialog might have been corny at times but there were some neato lines that just pumped me up too.

"You no longer seek retribution? You dishonor your kind. I will honor the memory of my fallen!"

Here's hoping they got Seitz to VA again.

E

Eldriken

Since they're apparently taking a darker and grittier approach, I can only imagine what kind of dialogue we will be seeing. It's probably going to be awesome.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
what if first hit meter bonus is now decided in a clash/rock paper scissors way? both characters run at each other at the start of the round, you pick a button and hope yours beats the opponents.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I love it. MK9's dialog might have been corny at times but there were some neato lines that just pumped me up too.

"You no longer seek retribution? You dishonor your kind. I will honor the memory of my fallen!"

Here's hoping they got Seitz to VA again.
Yes great lines like Cage "I'm taking you out, I'm taking you out, I'm taking out, and I'm taking out to dinner"

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
seems similar to injustice dialogue before the fight start / before using wager
I would agree with you if there were only two lines and no "FIGHT" after them. Given those facts, I must say it sounds more like the lines at the beginning of the classic matches in Street Fighter. Better still, I think maybe it's a hint about what happens in the storyline, I think maybe they travel to a more distant past now, and show us how Sub-zero murdered Scorpion. That'd be a good justification as to why Sub-zero is here again -and, let us not forget that this Sub-zero doesn't have a scar in his face-.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
what if first hit meter bonus is now decided in a clash/rock paper scissors way? both characters run at each other at the start of the round, you pick a button and hope yours beats the opponents.
That is actually an interesting idea

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
you forgot this MKx TOO TURN UP EDITION!

Scorpion: Fuck you doin in my hood you Lin Kuei bitch!? this is Shirai Ryu turf!
Subzero: Shirai Ryu aint shit eat a dick!
Scorpion: What!?! I beat cho ass!
Announcer: BEAT HIS ASS !!!

*Wiz Khalifa plays in the background*
That gives me an idea.

It would be neat to give the player the option to choose a fighter to be their announcer.

Wouldn't be a ton of extra lines for the VAs to do, just "Fight", "Round 1/2/3...", "Finish Him", "____ Wins", "Fatality" and so on.

Maybe with some extra in-character flair.

It would be cool to have Scorpion yelling at me all angry during matches, or have Jax say "Get Some" instead of "Fight", and so on.

I should get a twitter so I can tweet my terrible ideas to Boon.