What's new

Booking a MLG HOTEL, My exp and what to watch out for!!!!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thought id be nice and share my exp with you guys - please read the following below and my EXP starts w *** at the bottom of each listing.

Beware

Anaheim Marriott

700 West Convention Way
Anaheim, CA

Hotel Rate: $165 single/double/triple/quad + 17% tax
Reservation cutoff date: May 27, 2014
Reservation Phone: 877-622-3056; Code Major League Gaming
Distance to venue: Hotel is across from convention center and walking distance to multiple restaurants and close to Disney Attractions

***Did not call

Sheraton Park Hotel
1855 South Harbor Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92802

Hotel Rate: $159 s/d/t/q
Reservation cutoff date: May 20, 2014
Reservation Phone: 866-837-4197; Code: Major League Gaming
Distance to venue: Across the street from convention center

***DID NOT CALL

Red Lion Hotel
1850 S. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92802

Hotel Rate: $129 s/d/t/q plus 17% tax
Reservation cutoff date: May 28, 2014
Reservation Phone: 714-750-2801; Code: Major League Gaming
Distance to venue: 1 block
* Complimentary internet for MLG attendees

*****The person i spoke to here asked how many in the room, i told her 3 and she instantly jumped me from 129 to 159.99 per night and asked me 4 times would i want the 169.99 rate for the disney attraction view........SERIOUSLY 4 F ING TIMES, I told her i do not want your view nor your room nor your shadyness, click. BEWARE

Marriott Courtyard Anaheim
2045 S. Harbor Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92802

Hotel Rate: $149 s/d/t/q
Reservation cutoff date: May 30, 2014
Reservation Phone: 800-321-2211; Code: Major League Gaming
Distance to venue: 1 block
* Complimentary internet for MLG attendees

*****One of the worst people ive ever spoken to on the phone with, beware. I initially made a reservation here and thought i was GOLDEN and set, right when i went to hang up i remembered i never gave her my credit card #. So i called the hotel itself, NOT THE 1-800 NUMBER LISTED HERE, and provided my confirmation number and she said "NO You definitely do not have a room, you're on a waiting list for your MLG group rate because it's sold out, and if you choose to stay here without this rate if it remains sold out your reservation goes from the waiting list to the hotel's normal rate per night of 249.99 plus tax" So needless to say i told her cancel my reservation 100% right now, email me cancel confirmation right now, I DO NOT WANT YOUR ROOMS. BEWARE

Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort
616 Convention Way
Anaheim, CA 92802

Hotel Rate: $149 s/d/t/q
Reservation cutoff date: May 30, 2014
Reservation Phone: 714-750-3131; Code: Major League Gaming
Distance to venue: 2 blocks

*****Im staying here w 3 others, we were able to score 2 double beds and a fold out couch bed for 149.99.........BOOM!

Pig Of The Hut

Post your experiences for others to help out because imo there will be many many people who will wait last minute and have bad experiences

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Priceline.com, "name your own price" ftw. I've had nice 4 star hotels @ under a c-note. Though I never cared for such establishments, as they tend to nickle and dime you on just about every little sundry item. 3 1/2 stars is what I shoot for if I boogey out of town for a rendezvous. Added bonus, ye don't have to speak to a living soul. ;)

Last edited:

n-megabytes

Mortal
Just called and booked the same hotel as you @AK Pig Of The Hut with a standard 2 double bed room! Lady was extremely friendly and helpful! Will wait for you at the airport as I believe I arrive at 2 pm to LAX on the Thursday 19th and head to the hotel from there if that's ok with you... I'll grab more details closer to the date

Pig Of The Hut

Just called and booked the same hotel as you @AK Pig Of The Hut with a standard 2 double bed room! Lady was extremely friendly and helpful! Will wait for you at the airport as I believe I arrive at 2 pm to LAX on the Thursday 19th and head to the hotel from there if that's ok with you... I'll grab more details closer to the date

Awesome

I may can give u a ride from lax or we can share a shuttle, I might rent w car and I arrive at 1