What's new

Tech - Blood God Blood God corner of death setup

Shufflez

Noob
So finaly decide to hit the lab with blood god and see what all the hype was about, found a way to setup both damage totem and Blood offering in one combo, the combo I do after the setup is just for demonstration purposes, I'm sure someone out there has a combo that can kill outright after the setup. The only problem is opening them up on wakeup, both our combo options ( b14 and b122 ) can be probably be reacted to but hey if it hits them they die so I guess it's a fair trade.

I've spent about 30 mins with blood god so I'm not sure if this setup is common knowledge, haven't seen anything similar myself yet so just made the thread.

Shufflez

Noob
Good call on the parry, I assume the less experienced players will panic once they see the blood sacrifice with the totem still up and try to mash out a wake up to get you out of the way, that one mistake would kill them.

Also as I said, I haven't played blood god much at all so feel free to add your own ideas/input to this so we can try to bring blood god touch of death potential to atleast something practical

Monox1de

Noob
There are other videos like this out there. I saw a few within the first week of the games release. Also this does not have to be done in the corner, the corner just allows a tad bit more damage possibly, and the option to use f34 as a starter instead of f2 or f1b2 after you get the buffs out. EX sun stone as an extender is also an upside, but with crystal totem and blood offering you nearly 3 hit them anyways.

Example mid screen i think is like f1b2xxtotem d1xxEXdf1 f1b2xxoffering ..I think you can even do it meterless with f1b2xxtotem f1b2xxblood offering then parry the wake up into f2,f2,f2 b14xxEXdf1 b14xxdf1 for like 65-70 ish % if i recall correctly. Maybe a bit more even. If you put that together with the first combo it should kill them in the 2 combos, the meterless version will leave them with roughly 10% life or so.

I'm not positive on any of this, it's just what i remember from a few weeks ago. I haven't touched blood god since then TBH.

I think its 27% for the first combo and 72% for the 2nd combo.. Leaving them with 1% hp?? That's what i remember anyways.

D. R.

Noob
There are other videos like this out there. I saw a few within the first week of the games release. Also this does not have to be done in the corner, the corner just allows a tad bit more damage possibly, and the option to use f34 as a starter instead of f2 or f1b2 after you get the buffs out. EX sun stone as an extender is also an upside, but with crystal totem and blood offering you nearly 3 hit them anyways.

Example mid screen i think is like f1b2xxtotem d1xxEXdf1 f1b2xxoffering ..I think you can even do it meterless with f1b2xxtotem f1b2xxblood offering then parry the wake up into f2,f2,f2 b14xxEXdf1 b14xxdf1 for like 65-70 ish % if i recall correctly. Maybe a bit more even. If you put that together with the first combo it should kill them in the 2 combos, the meterless version will leave them with roughly 10% life or so.

I'm not positive on any of this, it's just what i remember from a few weeks ago. I haven't touched blood god since then TBH.

I think its 27% for the first combo and 72% for the 2nd combo.. Leaving them with 1% hp?? That's what i remember anyways.

I gotcha brah. I found numerous death combos and death "resets" day one through week one. Seemed all cool in theory but in application...?

LMFAO!!!!

Doesn't change the fact Blood God sucks. No armor and a weak ass parry gets him bullied hard. War God is the way to go until NRS addresses his other variations.

Monox1de

Noob

I gotcha brah. I found numerous death combos and death "resets" day one through week one. Seemed all cool in theory but in application...?

LMFAO!!!!

Doesn't change the fact Blood God sucks. No armor and a weak ass parry gets him bullied hard. War God is the way to go until NRS addresses his other variations.
Sun god has it's place...That place just happens to be directly beneath War God. Blood god is the red headed step child of kotal variations.

You should of said corner death combo in training mode. Its highly unlikely that can ever be executed against a playing in a live match, especially if they have moderate skill.

Shufflez

Noob
You're missing the point it's not about the combo, I'm not even sure some of you guys even read the op. The point was a touch with f1b2 in the corner can lead to both totem and blood sacrifice being setup safely for kotal and the combo was just what you could potentially do after, maybe I should have just used a grab seeing as the focus has gone to the combo instead of the setup. My question in the op was if setting up both totem and blood sacrifice in the same combo was common place and if it was could we have links to any other setups here? as D.R has done.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
You're missing the point it's not about the combo, I'm not even sure some of you guys even read the op. The point was a touch with f1b2 in the corner can lead to both totem and blood sacrifice being setup safetly for kotal and the combo was just what you could potentially do after, maybe I should have just used a grab seeing as the focus has gone to the combo instead of the setup. My question in the op was if setting up both totem and blood sacrifice in the same combo was common place and if it was could we have links to any other setups here? as D.R has done.
People on TYM are obsessed with talking about what their mains can't do instead of improving what they can and trying to find way to either circumvent or make up for weaknesses. Don't let it deter you though, keep up the good work!

Nice find, I didn't really know about this as I use Kotal only every now and then but i've been interested in Blood God and will implement this.

Last edited:
If I were the king of NRS, id make it so if you EX any totem, it provides that totem and stacks an armor totem on top of it which provides Kotal with 5 hits of armor and then that one disapears

You're missing the point it's not about the combo, I'm not even sure some of you guys even read the op. The point was a touch with f1b2 in the corner can lead to both totem and blood sacrifice being setup safely for kotal and the combo was just what you could potentially do after, maybe I should have just used a grab seeing as the focus has gone to the combo instead of the setup. My question in the op was if setting up both totem and blood sacrifice in the same combo was common place and if it was could we have links to any other setups here? as D.R has done.
Ah I see I see.

I don't think its common at all.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Interesting combo find, especially if the opponent panics and does a wakeup attack you can punish, guaranteeing that crazy damage afterwards.

I think NRS will need to be super careful with buffing Kotal. This is the kind of damage he can obtain, can you imagine if they gave him an overhead starter too in this situation? guess wrong and you are literally dead without breaker.

I guess we'll see what happens. What kind of changes are you guys hoping for for the other variations?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Interesting combo find, especially if the opponent panics and does a wakeup attack you can punish, guaranteeing that crazy damage afterwards.

I think NRS will need to be super careful with buffing Kotal. This is the kind of damage he can obtain, can you imagine if they gave him an overhead starter too in this situation? guess wrong and you are literally dead without breaker.

I guess we'll see what happens. What kind of changes are you guys hoping for for the other variations?
sun god with a command throw that is better and a fixed cash out system.

is it already clear he gets buffed? this is exactly what happens when people dont play but cry. do you really want to give this character safe launchers? i am 100% against KK changes until i see a good one who cant do well enough...