What's new

Question - Mileena Block advantage on Mileena's 1 jab

So the in-game frame data shows Mileena's 1 jab as being +2 on block. Im trying to test some setups I can get out of this if opponent tries to hit me during the block advantage. I set up a little situation by recording a Mileena dummy in practice doing 1 jab ( +2 on block) into 3 (mileena's ax kick which is 14 frames of startup). To test this, I block the jab (also with mileena) and then try to hit the mileena dummy with 1 jab while the ax kick is coming out. What should happen is my 1 jab should trade with the mileena dummy's ax kick because it takes one frame to come out of block for me, making the 1 jab from the dummy +3 instead of +2. Instead, I get a lot of inconsistent results like: beating the ax kick, ax kick hitting me before my jab comes out (which could just be me taking too long to hit jab out of block), and rarely getting the trade. However, I notice that i usually beat the ax kick for the most part coming out of block. Idk if its because I made the dummy do the ax kick to slow, but i swear it isn't me because I re-recorded the dummy multiple times doing the same thing. I try to mash the ax kick as fast as possible during the recording so it can come out in 11 frames, but I just don't get the trade. This isn't the only time I've tested frame advantage situations in this game and it hasn't worked. I've tried frame traps with other characters too but what I expect to happen doesn't. Is the game's frame data broken or something? Can somebody test this for me?

P.s. I know this isn't a frame trap, im just basically trying to see how legit mileena's one jab frame advantage on block is.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Tip how to tell if you are plus ,set the AI to the same char and record it doing the move and have it jump straight away by holding up on the recovery so you won't miss the windows, play the recording you hold up too after blocking and pause the game you should see who jumped first.

If the AI Jumps or lands first then the move is plus just a rough technique for reference obviously you can't tell how plus but you definite know if it is plus

BTW it is plus no telling its plus 2 but it's def plus and more lthan ikely is plus 2.

Last edited:
I just tested it again and I think its plus 1, its definitely not 0 though. I set CPU to do 1 into 4 (13 frame), and we trade when I block the 1 jab and try to hit with mileena's one jab. Im gonna keep trying to see if it's plus 2 though but I think it's 1, I got instant results this time though.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I just tested it again and I think its plus 1, its definitely not 0 though. I set CPU to do 1 into 4 (13 frame), and we trade when I block the 1 jab and try to hit with mileena's one jab. Im gonna keep trying to see if it's plus 2 though but I think it's 1, I got instant results this time though.
It might be plus 1 but it definitely is not plus 2

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Yea its plus 1, I tried the same setup against sub zero, his b1 (11 frames) traded with mileena's 4, but his 10 frame 2 beat her 4.
Are you sure. I'm testing out the same situation and I can beat it out with sub's f4 which is 12 frames.

Edit: my timing might have been wrong. f4 is only traiding but b1 beats it clean. It's probably plus 1.

Last edited: