What's new

Black Adam anti air

Yea I've noticed lightning cage to be a bit gimicky. D2 works very rarely as well currently for me. Can try forward dashing thanks for advice!

What about his D1? It would appear that it would cover crossups, not to mention, it appears you get full combo punish if it lands.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
D2 is not so bad, I initially thought it was bad but it actually works, not against Batma ofc lol.

F1 might work too.

Last edited:

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Not sure how good it is, but in Inj1 I used J1 a TON, that shit stays active for so long. While messing with this, I just found out that j1 can cross up now? lol

Edit: ok, this is weird. It's not crossing up, but im landing on the other side. Could be some good shit here? it all matters how early/late I'm doing the j1. If you have your practice settings all default, you can mess with it from this distance. I have flash as the dummy, so maybe that is what's giving me this weird situation, I imagine he's a small hitbox. I'll try it with someone bigger.

edit2: It's working against grodd

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
What about his D1? It would appear that it would cover crossups, not to mention, it appears you get full combo punish if it lands.
Oh, wow, you're right, lol. Trying it now vs Adam dummy's crossup j2 and it's pretty damn consistent.

EDIT: Trades sometimes but it's still more consistent than I thought.

Last edited:
Oh, wow, you're right, lol. Trying it now vs Adam dummy's crossup j2 and it's pretty damn consistent.

EDIT: Trades sometimes but it's still more consistent than I thought.
What's the theory behind this working? Ducking and poking beating out a jump in? For whiffs or what? I'll try it tomorrow

Error

DF2+R2
I've been dashing under batmans who only jump in as I've found lightning cage to work 50% of the time. D2 is better than i thought but still struggles against a few characters, still reccomend it though.
This is probably the best option as d2 will often hit in the wrong direction and db3 gets stuffed effortlessly.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Black Adam's AA is really strong from standard ranges

- D2 any normal jump ins
- if you are too close and think a jump is coming, air-to-air with your fastest button and convert into combo, like any other character would (j.1 typically)

It's a good idea to nj.1 or jump forward 1 instead of back, that way you can get a confirm if it connects.

Watch your spacing. The moment they get too close for D2 to be effective, remove it from your mind and focus on landing your air-to-airs. A2As will have higher damage yield as they don't scale as much as a D2 starter does. They are really good if you have the read on a close range jump.