What's new

Best way to set up the 112 frame trap?

Whats up Nightwing players. I've been reading the Nightwing forums for a while but haven't thought of anything to post until today. How are you guys setting up 112 midscreen and in the corner? I think its Nightwing's best string since its +21 on block. In the corner, I usually can sneak in the string after d1d2 or just off d1. The main problem for me is setting it up midscreen since the first hit is high. Any suggestions?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
How i normally do it is off of d1 because it frame traps into 112. F213 flip kick cross up, 112 on wake up isn't bad either. Just wish 1 wasn't a high it'd make things a lot easier

AssassiN

Noob
Don't overrate his 112 string, people can backdash between 1 and 2. It's a lot more viable to use in the corner.
If you are fighting against someone who knows the MU, he'll be standing most of the time because NW doesn't really have any threatening lows.
Otherwise just hit them with B2 and get your free combo's, they'll learn after a while.

His only normal that forces them to block high and allow you to follow up with 112 is U3. Which is a good normal in the corner, def after a knockdown because you can decide to cross them up or not depending on the timing. If they block it, you can check them with 112.

It's hard to use it midscreen because the final hit of 112 tends to whiff against certain characters + he has so much pushback with D12, B112 and U3.

Don't overrate his 112 string, people can backdash between 1 and 2. It's a lot more viable to use in the corner.
If you are fighting against someone who knows the MU, he'll be standing most of the time because NW doesn't really have any threatening lows.
Otherwise just hit them with B2 and get your free combo's, they'll learn after a while.

His only normal that forces them to block high and allow you to follow up with 112 is U3. Which is a good normal in the corner, def after a knockdown because you can decide to cross them up or not depending on the timing. If they block it, you can check them with 112.

It's hard to use it midscreen because the final hit of 112 tends to whiff against certain characters + he has so much pushback with D12, B112 and U3.
I haven't tested U3 into 112 midscreen yet. But it might work if you condition your opponent to block the B2.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Oddly enough I met the OP on player matches as I responded to that. Beast flash, his nightwing was good as well. GGs dood

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I landed it a couple times with a Late J3 followed by 112 112 112 for a 35% combo I believe. Doing it online is tricky, but I just starting mixing it up with my corner pressure just for sexy points and it's pretty effective since it's 35% damage and keeps them in the corner. Just respect your opponent's wake up attack(if they follow with a wake up attack after getting knocked down, if not delayed J3 into 112 X 3 all day)