What's new

Best way to play this online?

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Recently I've been wanting to play MK Deadly Alliance again, but I don't want to dig up my Xbox and set it up and all that. Plus I'd like to play it online, if possible. I've heard about the Dolphin emulator. Is this the best way to play this on PC, with online capabilities? If so, is anybody else playing this right now?

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Deadly Alliance didn’t have “online” as that didn’t come to MK until Deception. The best way to play it is on xemu, it’s an Original Xbox emulator where all 4 MK titles that were released for the Xbox are playable with no major issues. I don’t think you can play any games online with it though.

BUT Dolphin paired with Slippi will allow you play Melee online but Slippi only works for Melee sadly.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Recently I've been wanting to play MK Deadly Alliance again, but I don't want to dig up my Xbox and set it up and all that. Plus I'd like to play it online, if possible. I've heard about the Dolphin emulator. Is this the best way to play this on PC, with online capabilities? If so, is anybody else playing this right now?
Dolphin is your best bet. People use it to play Soul Calibur 2 nearly flawlessly.
The biggest issue would be finding a community for it I would imagine. But I'm sure there's some discord somewhere that has an active scene for it

Gerchap

Noob
Yo RW, I think this is just a thing of the past. I would love to play the 3D era games specially DA and Deception but even if you find something for it I doubt you’ll find people to play with, some of us are already in our 40s/50s and probably done with gaming. If you find a way then let me know I could probably get Eazytobeat, Trax and at least one more.
Good to see you here man

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
@RollTide8569 That's good to know. I know the HeadlockGaming YouTube channel also streams MK Deception online matches regularly as well. I did a little bit of research into the Dolphin emulator and it seems the only way to copy GameCube games from disc is to have an old Wii, which I don't. I have a new Wii that doesn't play GameCube games, so that's the problem for me right now. I am mulling buying an old Wii, but I don't know if it's really worth it just for that.

@Gerchap Good to see you are still around! So many good memories from playing MK Deception online on Xbox back in the day lol

Gerchap

Noob
@RollTide8569 That's good to know. I know the HeadlockGaming YouTube channel also streams MK Deception online matches regularly as well. I did a little bit of research into the Dolphin emulator and it seems the only way to copy GameCube games from disc is to have an old Wii, which I don't. I have a new Wii that doesn't play GameCube games, so that's the problem for me right now. I am mulling buying an old Wii, but I don't know if it's really worth it just for that.

@Gerchap Good to see you are still around! So many good memories from playing MK Deception online on Xbox back in the day lol
I actually retired from playing right before mk9 and come to the forums from time to time. Pretty much all of the OGs are gone. I’m very interested on playing old school MK games tho

I learned of this discord the other day. Deyrax is the owner and he wrote basic guides on all the characters for all the 3d mk's.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding people to play with in there, also.