What's new

Best way to deal with turtling raiden?

redeyes

Button Masher
Hi im Bryan and i main mileena and I am having a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE time with Raiden online ( yes i know online is different then offline...) but he is giving me so many problems. If i attempt to zone him they player will either teleport and grab me or combo. and stay full screen blocking again. i Dont even bother trying to tele kick in since hes just blocking...

You other Mileena players have any tips?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I guess I would suggest trying to bait a teleport and then combo. If that isn't working u could try max range d4s to get ur opponent to at least do something. Idk cuz I don't really play online so idk how difficult it is to punish.

Some things you could try out.

If you do a sai full screen, or an iAS, you should recover in time to be able to mash out a D3/D4 to interrupt him after he teleports. Otherwise just inch towards him and do D4s until he moves or starts low blocking. Sometimes I'll move back and forth quickly to bait teleports. It won't work all the time, but if the opponent is reacting to your rhythm of movements it might make him jump the gun sometimes.

Jumping backwards also makes his teleport risky. So maybe try jumping backwards and doing an air sai just before hitting the ground. If he doesn't react, you still get chip damage and meter. If he does, you'll recover with slight advantage.