What's new

Best Summer Movie of 2013 (Poll)

What was your favorite summer movie this year?

• Man of Steel

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Pacific Rim

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Iron Man 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wolverine

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • World War Z

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
So the summer's big movie are almost done. I think the only big one left is Elysium (which looks awesome). So which was the best and why?

For me I gotta say Man of Steel. It delivered on everything a Superman should be, while at the same time reinventing the franchise. A close second would be The Wolverine, for finally giving us a good Logan movie. Pacific Rim was pretty fun too. WWZ was a disapointment and I HATED Iron Man 3.

Cast your vote.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i hate superman in injustice.....but everywhere else he's a boss!! man of steel gets my vote playa!
i didn't see world war z and am going this weekend to see the wolverine so i may be biased :)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
That's weird, the option for RIPD isn't included from the start? :eek:

Nah, for serious though, World War Z is probably the best film, not just Summer film, of 2013 for me so far.
After that probably Iron Man 3 > Man Of Steel = Pacific Rim > The Wolverine.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
That's weird, the option for RIPD isn't included from the start? :eek:

Nah, for serious though, World War Z is probably the best film, not just Summer film, of 2013 for me so far.
After that probably Iron Man 3 > Man Of Steel = Pacific Rim > The Wolverine.
World War Z should have been rated R. The zombies weren't scary or that threatening at all. Plus they also made those weird dinosaur sounds. I LOVED the audio book, but the movie just didn't do it for me.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
World War Z should have been rated R. The zombies weren't scary or that threatening at all. Plus they also made those weird dinosaur sounds. I LOVED the audio book, but the movie just didn't do it for me.
Fair dues... I have a few issues with World War Z as well, but I have less issues with it than I do with everything else.

BTW for everyone else by no means do I consider Wolverine bad, I enjoyed it, it just wasn't as good as the rest. Also scoring high but not blockbusters is Monsters Uni. Also I don't know if it was a summer film but Now You See Me is total butt.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Most seem like pretty sub par movies. Haven't seen any of them yet but I keep up to date with reviews and releases. I had my hopes up a bit for Man of Steel but I hear so many mixed things.

I'd say Elysium and The World's End look to be very good, coming out in August. Edgar Wright makes fantastic movies and he's got Simon Pegg and Nick Frost again so I can only expect great things. Elysium has the director of District 9 which I loved and pretty interesting plot.

Only movie I've seen this summer is "This is the End", which I enjoyed a lot. It's goofy and dumb but funny if you like the cast and don't mind some low brow humor.