What's new

Best Rushdown

Sub

Noob
I've played Scorp/Sub/Ermac and Noob. I hate zoning. I like how fast Scorpion is because you can keep poking until they stop blocking and still hit them. I want to know which character in the game is the fastest. I want to just keep launching my normal combos until one finally hits and then go into a bigger one.

Sub zero isn't fast but combos are easy because of the iceclone trap. I'm either looking for someone with Utility like that or somebody who is amazingly fast and good at putting tons of pressure and rushdown.

Any ideas. (I was told smoke is fast but I don't see it, maybe I'm doing it wrong but he only has like 2 hit normal combos and they don't even seem that fast. Which is good to poke with for him?)

iWumbo

Noob
Sounds like you need to try Liu Kang. Fastest attacker, no contest, and has crazy juggle combos and is able to carry the opponent nearly and entire stage-length to the wall.
If you look up "rushdown" in the dictionary, you'll see Liu Kang.

Sub

Noob
Oh My god.... I LOVE Liu Kang! I juggle them all the way across the screen then do the <-3,1,2 combo 4 times and then the low fireball and they're pretty much done. Every time.

Kwon

---->----
I've played Scorp/Sub/Ermac and Noob. I hate zoning. I like how fast Scorpion is because you can keep poking until they stop blocking and still hit them. I want to know which character in the game is the fastest. I want to just keep launching my normal combos until one finally hits and then go into a bigger one.

Sub zero isn't fast but combos are easy because of the iceclone trap. I'm either looking for someone with Utility like that or somebody who is amazingly fast and good at putting tons of pressure and rushdown.

Any ideas. (I was told smoke is fast but I don't see it, maybe I'm doing it wrong but he only has like 2 hit normal combos and they don't even seem that fast. Which is good to poke with for him?)
Maybe Liu Kang is the character for you! :)

He can be quite deadly when his victim is cornered!

Pros / Cons

From my opinion, I believe that Kung Lao has the best rushdown, since he can get in easily. Johnny Cage has the best pressure. The one with the best mixture of the two? Liu Kang.

Sub

Noob
I don't know what happened. I was playing amazingly with Kang for like 3 matches then I went on the biggest losing streak I've ever been on, seriously like 30 games in a row. I even purposefully tried to go against people with bad records and kept losing. I got SOOOO MADDD lol. I've always been super indecisive and have been trying to learn Noob ermac sub scorp liu and smoke. I think I need to sit down and pick one and master them one at a time, Liu being first, then probably scorp and sub.

I've noticed that for some reason, EVERYONE even people using Ermac, are better at rushdown than me. They always anticipate my attacks, even when I do all kinds of different 50/50's. Their timing seems impeccable. When I jump in to start a combo they uppercut or AA. When I dash block in they somehow manage to low/overhead attack me or break my stride.

The few random times I did get a combo in they had a breaker.

It just seems like everyone knows exactly what to do and when to do it.

I've noticed that Scorpion's Combos came naturally to me, and that Sub Zero is amazing for me against MOST rush down guys. (iceclone trap) but I think liu kang would be the best to learn for what I want to do.

My gamertag is "o Crypt o" (xbox) if anyone wants to find me online one day and try to teach me some stuff. I don't care too much about my record so if I have to give you wins in return that's fine. I just want my skill to get better.

PS, Would it be better to learn the character you like more in the storyline or just go with the one that's best, cause frankly I am not a fan of anyone besides Scorp/Sub/Noob/Ermac/Nightwolf. Smoke is alright but I hate playing him, His normal combos are way too short.