What's new

Best NJP combo and corner combo?

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
When people jump out of a mixup and I can tell they will what's the best way to capitalize off a njp hit?

I've been doing b21 b11 trance, not sure if there's a better njp mid screen but let me know if there is.

As for corner combos, I rarely see a point to get in the corner and I'd like that to change, what are some good corner combos off of Quans strings?

b3 1+2 into what?

B21 into what?

or if I get a 112 trance or b11 trance what should I do after it? Normally I'd go for a reset since I don't know a high damage combo in the corner but being able to finish someone off with a combo could come in handy.

Thanks

Yep, that's what I've been doing. You can also situationally follow-up NJP with another NJP and end up with NJP > dash > NJP > dash > b+2,1 > dash > b+1,1 xx Trance > ... This second NJP can be done consistently in the corner.

In the corner, I usually just do the same combos I do mid-screen, but replace any Ground Burst enders with Skull Ball. Skull Ball is slightly easier to connect and deals slightly more damage (I'm going to guess about .5%), but gains about 2.2% less of a bar of meter, so it's your call, really. You can replace b+1,1 with 2,1,2 for a very slight increase in damage if it's done as an ender... 2,1,2 scales slightly worse than b+1,1, though, so if you do it before a Trance, you'll end up doing less damage, so only do 2,1,2 at the end of a combo. You can also add an extra b+2,1 off b+2,1 and NJP. I do find it a bit difficult to time, though, and the consequences of dropping can be pretty bad, ending with the opponent behind you and you in the corner swinging in the wrong direction.

b+2,1 > b+2,1 > b+2,1 > b+1,1 xx Trance > ...
NJP > b+2,1 > b+2,1 > b+1,1 xx Trance > ...

With 1,1,2 xx Trance and b+1,1 xx Trance, the opponent's downward acceleration was increased only by a single hit (the Trance), so you follow them up with exactly the same things you'd use after u+3 xx Trance; b+2,1 > Trance; b+3,1+2 > Trance, etc. In the corner, this means 1,1 xx Sky Drop for a reset or b+2,1 > b+2,1 > (b+1,1)/(2,1,2) xx Ground Burst/Skull Ball. If you want to spend the meter, you could also do b+2,1 > b+2,1 > dj.3/4 xx EX Sky Drop for a bit more damage, but you're better off Rune trapping in that case.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: if you can hit-confirm a f+1,2 xx Trance or 1,1 xx Trance in the corner or any other hit into Trance on a grounded opponent, that allows you to do 3 b+2,1's as well.
1,1 xx Trance > b+2,1 > b+2,1 > b+2,1 > (b+1,1)/(2,1,2) xx Ground Burst/Skull Ball
f+1,2 xx Trance > b+2,1 > b+2,1 > b+2,1 > (b+1,1)/(2,1,2) xx Ground Burst/Skull Ball